Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a 100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bob_p

Apr 5, 2012
We ordered a 100D on the first day. It's been built and should be at the local Service Center early next week.

But, we've been told there may be a delay before we can pick it up. Since we're planning to trade-in our ICE, and the trade-in quotes only last a week, we haven't even started the process for finalizing the trade-in price. So this delay could be longer than a few days.

Has anyone accepted delivery of a 100D yet?

here's one that I mentioned in another thread...

Model S 100D 5YJSA1E28HF186714 | Tesla
I ordered my 90D on 12/26. It wasn't scheduled to be built until March and some how they have finished 100Ds that have only been available for less than a month?!? I am glad I upgraded to the P100D this makes me crazy but had I kept my order I'd be very disappointed. Very very very disappointed.

It doesn't appear anyone else has received a 100D yet.

Heard from our DS that even though our car should be at the Service Center on Monday or Tuesday this week, the car may not be released for delivery until sometime in March.

Has anyone else heard this from their DS?

Could be that Tesla doesn't want one out until they have depleted the 90D's currently in production. Once the 100D hits the street then the true 0-60 time will become known, and that could impact 90D orders. Just my theory.

Well, since the real world 0-60 of the 85/90D is 3.8s without rollout, it would not be surprising if the 100D is just as fast and the official time stated on the website would be 3.8 (however still the same ad the 90D). Tesla has the ability to play with performance numbers quite a bit.

Well, since the real world 0-60 of the 85/90D is 3.8s without rollout, it would not be surprising if the 100D is just as fast and the official time stated on the website would be 3.8 (however still the same ad the 90D). Tesla has the ability to play with performance numbers quite a bit.

Is that the true actual 0-60 time for an 85D? I have one and a vbox and I'm not a pro driver but I've never gotten it faster than 4.2sec.

Could be that Tesla doesn't want one out until they have depleted the 90D's currently in production. Once the 100D hits the street then the true 0-60 time will become known, and that could impact 90D orders. Just my theory.

I don't think the 100D buyer is buying primarily for 0-60 times. Those who want really fast 0-60 times are looking at the P100D. I wanted better performance than a typical hybrid, but I really don't care if my car is 5s 0-60 or 4s. The reason I got a 90D is I wanted the best range available and that would probably be the factor that drives people to buy the 100D over the 90D. A 14% increase in range for only $3000 is a bargain compared to previous battery upgrades.

Heard from our DS that even though our car should be at the Service Center on Monday or Tuesday this week, the car may not be released for delivery until sometime in March.

There is a possibility is has something a little extra causing a slight delay. :) Perhaps a heads up display and they don't want them in the wild until March after an announcement?! *Nice to dream*

Thanks Erik

I like the response from @DÆrik but if I recall correctly this happened with the P100D too because there was some regulatory paperwork for the new model that hadn't been completed yet (or something of that nature).