Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a '17 Model X AP Camera Upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 Model X 100D. I got all 7 cameras ( except reaper camera) upgraded In summer. No charge. It was mobile service. Took less than 30 minutes. However no FSD. Recently I got a message in my safety score app that vehicle is not eligible for FSD because camera/s need replacement. Contacted Tesla service. They are coming tomorrow to upgrade only the 2 side repeater cameras. Fingers crossed that I will get the FSD after this.

The holdup, according the the ranger who did my retrofit back in March, is due to the fender cameras being shipped with a black housing (they’re manufactured for the new models). They, in turn, have to be retrofitted with a chrome housing before they can be installed. The front camera array and the pillar cams are fine.
Yes in my service they are replacing these:
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB, RH(1514878-01-C)
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB,
LEFT HAND(1514877-
01-C)
LAMP ASY, SIDE 1.00 REPEATER CAMERA,
RIGHT HAND(1495867-
22-C)
LEFT HAND(1495866-
22-C)
Pay Type: Customer Pre-Pay

Reactions: buckets0fun
Yes in my service they are replacing these:
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB, RH(1514878-01-C)
SIDE REPEATER TRIM 1.00 - CHROME AERO RIB,
LEFT HAND(1514877-
01-C)
RIGHT HAND(1495867-
22-C)
LEFT HAND(1495866-
22-C)
Pay Type: Customer Pre-Pay
For those that dislike the T emblem on the side cameras, there’s also an oem option for no logo w/chrome trim and a slight ‘lip’ to direct water away from the lens.

Can you share part numbers when done? Thanks
I had mine replaced recently and these were the part numbers:
1668084136431.png

Also, checkout Tesla cameras retrofit this is a google docs sheet that TMC members have been adding to to find out which part numbers worked to get FSD Beta.

I got my camera upgrade on Nov 1st and then got FSD Beta Nov 2nd.

Im in Palo Alto, CA. 2017 Model X, already have the AP upgrade, but no cameras. I've requested once when I first got an email, and again about 6 months later. Both times they cancelled and said I have to wait until they get to my VIN and will notify me. Looks like it could be forever.