Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a '17 Model X AP Camera Upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla still says the AP Camera upgrade needed for FSD is not yet available for my 2017 Model X90D. My X originally shipped w/AP HW 2.0, but has since been upgraded to AP3.0 & MCUv2. I've seen plenty of Model S owners get the upgrade, but has anyone with Model X? I'm in Ohio.

I'm located in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada with an August 2017 build Model X 75D.

Last week I attempted to put in a service request via the Tesla app for FSD camera upgrades.

Service request was cancelled but I received a message instructing me to try again in one month's time as they do not have any retrofit part in my VIN range. So it looks like they are going by VIN? Not sure, we'll see next month if I actually get it.

Ours were installed in my garage May 5th. The tires were inflated to 46 pounds and front suspension components greased by hand at no cost as prevenative maintenance. Also I was asked if I had any questions or concerns about the car. Removed a rubber seal along the trailing edge of the falcon doors to help with the paint being rubbed off at the bottom of the doors.
It took about 15miles of driving without cruise or autopilot for the cameras to calibrate. The car is handling a couple of curves in the road that have crossroads much smoother now using autopilot. Camera views in color now and much clearer. I am still waiting for FSD software but so far so good on My 17' 100D Model X.

Reactions: pilotSteve
The holdup, according the the ranger who did my retrofit back in March, is due to the fender cameras being shipped with a black housing (they’re manufactured for the new models). They, in turn, have to be retrofitted with a chrome housing before they can be installed. The front camera array and the pillar cams are fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Shaz
I have a Dec. 2016 MX with MCU1 with the upgrade (I think) if I have the full self driving computer do I have the camera upgrade? I have three front windshield cameras. I’ve had the car since mid February.

Tesla still says the AP Camera upgrade needed for FSD is not yet available for my 2017 Model X90D. My X originally shipped w/AP HW 2.0, but has since been upgraded to AP3.0 & MCUv2. I've seen plenty of Model S owners get the upgrade, but has anyone with Model X? I'm in Ohio.
I got mine upgraded Feb 11, 2022 at the service center in Portland, Or. I found out that I could have mobile tech do it. Still no software upgrade even with beta safety score of 99.

Ours were installed in my garage May 5th. The tires were inflated to 46 pounds and front suspension components greased by hand at no cost as prevenative maintenance. Also I was asked if I had any questions or concerns about the car. Removed a rubber seal along the trailing edge of the falcon doors to help with the paint being rubbed off at the bottom of the doors.
It took about 15miles of driving without cruise or autopilot for the cameras to calibrate. The car is handling a couple of curves in the road that have crossroads much smoother now using autopilot. Camera views in color now and much clearer. I am still waiting for FSD software but so far so good on My 17' 100D Model X.
Did they upgrade all 8 cameras on the car or some specific ones? How long did the process take? Any software installation was necessary or was it just plug and play? Thanks

I’m in Georgia in the exact same situation as you except with a 75D. And nary a peep from Tesla regarding the camera upgrade.

Did they upgrade all 8 cameras on the car or some specific ones? How long did the process take? Any software installation was necessary or was it just plug and play? Thanks
It's all here: