Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received a replacement 14-50 in the mail?

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
The articles from a couple weeks ago made it sound like a fait acomplii yet I haven't seen anything. I appreciate Tesla putting the issue behind it in the public eye but I would like see some actual follow through.

JST

May 23, 2013
I did not receive one in the mail, but they replaced my UMC when I had the car in for service this week and the one that they gave me came with the "green dot" new 14-50 adapter. Other than the dot, externally it appears indistinguishable from the old one.

JPP

Feb 4, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I did not receive one in the mail, but they replaced my UMC when I had the car in for service this week and the one that they gave me came with the "green dot" new 14-50 adapter. Other than the dot, externally it appears indistinguishable from the old one.

JST--can you post the full part number from your green dot adapter? Is there a letter A, B or other as the last character?

Thx.

jive_devil

Jan 3, 2012
SoCal
I emailed ownership about this and was told that their distribution plan was not in place yet. Supposedly some announcement was coming "in the coming days". Of course, this was a few weeks ago. . .

SBerg

Aug 13, 2013
Solvang, CA
I just charge at 35w and don't worry about getting a new plug. This is an extraordinary cost for TMC to address a problem that was not created by TMC, it was a homeowner whose wiring wasn't adequate. I wish I could opt out of getting one and save the company a few bucks.

JST

May 23, 2013
JST--can you post the full part number from your green dot adapter? Is there a letter A, B or other as the last character?

Thx.

Here you go.
use2azyj.jpg

I apologize because in this pic you can't actually see the green dot, which is just to the right of the top pin.

jive_devil

Jan 3, 2012
SoCal
I talked with someone at my service center today, and they mentioned that while there are "updated" 14-50 adapters floating out there (including one I just got with the green dot), that the version with the new sensor/fuse is not yet available. No update on the timeline either.

100thMonkey

Jul 1, 2012
Seattle area
I sure hope it's a switch not a fuse! I hate to think of what might happen at some RV park in the middle of nowhere when your only fast charging plug blows a non-user replaceable fuse!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC