Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received Referral PowerWall 2 units?

Have you received your PowerWall survey or email confirmation?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am posting out of curiosity to see if anyone has actually received their Referral PW2 units or even a link or survey about them. I am now owed 3 of these, 1 from each of this years programs and I have heard nothing. I have also sent multiple emails to [email protected], Mark Toffey, and William Masterson which have gone unanswered regarding the PWs. Hope many of you are having better luck than I am.

Craig

Reactions: nycmike
I have 3 referrals so far. Trying REALLY hard to get the 4th...

It sounds like I HAVE to get it installed though. I am renting where I am at for the next year or so though. Is this something that can be easily disconnected and moved with me? Or does any installation require a permit and more permanent changes? Homeowner might be okay with it, but would rather ask forgiveness than permission ;)

It's a pretty significant change to the electrical system. You probably can disconnect and move it, but most of the other stuff installed would likely need to stay there. It would probably cost almost as much to remove it all than it does to install it.

Here's one installation video, there are others on youtube:

Also, I don't think Tesla Energy would allow you to install it as a tenant. It does require pulling permits and homeowner approval. The owner does have to sign an agreement to get started. They won't even talk to you as a renter.

For instance, we moved into a new house in October, which we are renting until March, which is when we'll buy it. I wanted to get just a quote for a solar install, which doesn't even require a site visit, it's all virtual. And they won't even do that until I own the place.

If you're moving in a year to a place you own, just ask them to hold off until that time and then get it installed.

Hi I am a UK owner and I had the required 4 referrals since Sept 17. I have had the wheels and the toy. I have a confirming email from [email protected] a few months later about the PW.
But so far no signs of a Powerwall. I have chased around Christmas time and a lot later I was told March 2018 which has passed so I chased again but no reply.
Is anyone aware please of the next stages as not sure I have had a survey.

Hi I am a UK owner and I had the required 4 referrals since Sept 17. I have had the wheels and the toy. I have a confirming email from [email protected] a few months later about the PW.
But so far no signs of a Powerwall. I have chased around Christmas time and a lot later I was told March 2018 which has passed so I chased again but no reply.
Is anyone aware please of the next stages as not sure I have had a survey.

I don’t think anyone in the U.K. has had one yet. I emailed asking if I can have a standard off the shelf one but didn’t get a reply.

I am in the US, and got this email today. I had actually emailed referral about another issue, and wanted to make sure that I had not missed something.

“I see you are confirmed eligible for a powerwall, those have faced quite a few delays. Likely to be ready to be installed by the end of 2019. ”

Looks like we have a while!