Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received the HW 3 FSD upgrade in the UK?

Has anyone received the HW 3 FSD upgrade in the UK?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you book? Was it an email invite or app?

Am waiting to be called up, not sure about upgrading to MCU2 though, now that am back into pedal bikes I would rather spend £2k on a set of wheels/whole new bike than be able to play Netflix in the car.

I tested the water yesterday by booking a service appointment via the app for "upgrade MCU1 to MCU2 and AP2.0 to AP3.0" (I have FSD).

It was cancelled by Tesla with a text "Please note that this is not yet available for vehicles so we are unable to proceed at this stage".

S75D June 2017

How did you book? Was it an email invite or app?

Am waiting to be called up, not sure about upgrading to MCU2 though, now that am back into pedal bikes I would rather spend £2k on a set of wheels/whole new bike than be able to play Netflix in the car.
Booked in for a yellow glue fix including a HW3 request, they are ordering the parts...

From an sms
Thank you for your reply. We have found that additional parts are required for the FSD computer upgrade. We've placed them on order and expect them to arrive in time for your appointment.
Thank you,
Tesla Service
NB: All warranty concerns are subject to onsite inspection to determine validity.

Reactions: gangzoom
Any clues as to why yours was done while others have been waiting longer?

It is good news for sure, but the how and why would be useful.

I dont know. I had a fault on the steering wheel controls, booked it in and requested HW3 to be done. I had paid for the FSD a week or so before installation date.

No quibbles, Tesla confirmed everything

It was done by Leeds Tesla

Now that they are booking some HW3 upgrades, I'm wondering if it would be worth buying the FSD upgrade for my 2017 S with EAP.... anyone know if there are any differences in autopilot performance yet with HW3 (beyond visualisations)?

I know my car won't drive itself any time soon, but I'm wondering if it wont be too long before HW3 performance starts to diverge, which might make the FSD upgrade worthwhile for an improved navigate on autopilot, etc?

Now that they are booking some HW3 upgrades, I'm wondering if it would be worth buying the FSD upgrade for my 2017 S with EAP.... anyone know if there are any differences in autopilot performance yet with HW3 (beyond visualisations)?

I know my car won't drive itself any time soon, but I'm wondering if it wont be too long before HW3 performance starts to diverge, which might make the FSD upgrade worthwhile for an improved navigate on autopilot, etc?
My wife's P3D feels a bit more confident on autopilot, looking fwd to my MX upgrade

What was your car’s configuration before the upgrade MCU1 or MCU2, AP2.0 or AP2.5?

I asked at Tesla Heathrow this week and was given a rather stock “no” answer

May be Tesla are doing some trial UK installs, US owners still struggling to get FSD retrofit done at the moment due to lack of parts so I suspect a full UK roll out wouldnt be till late summer/autumn time.

Though there cannot be that many UK S/Xs with AP2/2.5 and FSD optioned, so Tesla can probably clear the work load quite quickly once parts are in good supply.

I'll try sending in a ticket request in a month time and see how I get on.