Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone received the replacement NEMA 14-50 adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my replacement yesterday. Easily removed the old one from my UMC (I had used it a few times last month for 240V/40A charging, never use it at home because I have an HPWC) and replaced it with the new one. No problems here.

I believe to remove the adaptor there is a small button you have to firmly press in.

Your service center will exchange it for free. I wouldn't continue to use it, it has been damaged by heat (melted).

Went to Sunnyvale SC and they swapped out the whole UMC. This is my third UMC since picking up the car in November '13. New UMC + new adapter - will report back if it melts again. I should point out that both times the SC swapped out same day and the UMC worked fine last night. Only a minor inconvenience of a side trip to the SC and sadly not have my "please update me to 5.10" request fulfilled :)

Tiny first world problem in the overall experience of a terrific car.

Not sure if anyone has posted pics yet, but here you go. Old one ends in B. New one in E.
vy9u8y7e.jpg
dyqa6ere.jpg

Very interesting! It looks like they changed the material of the internal adapter-to-cord socket. I always imagine that this was the weak link. Maybe it is just a higher temperature polymer, along with the thermal fuse.

I am not sure whether the material is different. It's obviously a different color, but both are similar plastic, at least to the naked eye.