Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone regretted the color the chose enough to try trading in shortly after purchasing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is the first time in my entire life that Ive ever heard of someone who ordered a car (meaning you had time to think about the color before ordering, and for weeks after ordering), knew exactly what the colors look like (not like Tesla has THAT many colors), SAW the color at time of pickup, STILL went through with the delivery...then just days later, HATES the color so much, willing to potentially spend thousands just to change the color.

I cant imagine how indecisive you are about so many other things. You HAVE to drive your significant other INSANE when its time to choose a place to eat for dinner.

🤣🤣🤣

this is the first time in my entire life that Ive ever heard of someone who ordered a car (meaning you had time to think about the color before ordering, and for weeks after ordering), knew exactly what the colors look like (not like Tesla has THAT many colors), SAW the color at time of pickup, STILL went through with the delivery...then just days later, HATES the color so much, willing to potentially spend thousands just to change the color.

I cant imagine how indecisive you are about so many other things. You HAVE to drive your significant other INSANE when its time to choose a place to eat for dinner.

🤣🤣🤣
Yup he hates dinner time.

🤣🤣🤣
I'm red/green colorblind. So I completely agree with you. With that being said, I think the Blue looks great. Red is awesome, but not spending $2,000 for it. Maybe if I wasn't colorblind it looks even cooler?? I guess I'll never know.

I would strongly suggest thinking this over a bit more. All of the colors look really good when they're clean, so perhaps that's the mental adjustment needed here? If color preference is that important to you, maybe make it a focal point to keep the car washed and waxed at all times. That's what I've done in the past when I've had buyers remorse over a color. Remember, the color of your car is more important to you than it is to anyone else. These are production cars. People aren't drooling over them like they are Ferrari's.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Nope
9A2228B5-AC79-46A2-A682-3AF0605D0AD1.jpeg

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
The only color I’ve really regretted getting was the interior color. Black seats get really hot in the sun and make the entire car hotter.
Aside from that, grey is great at hiding road salt and grime but in MN everyone’s car looks filthy all winter, so whatever. Blue and red are easier to pick out in the parking lot and my wife likes blue, so I got blue.

I’m with scooby doo - I can’t fathom spending that much money to change the color of your car.

The only color I’ve really regretted getting was the interior color. Black seats get really hot in the sun and make the entire car hotter.
Aside from that, grey is great at hiding road salt and grime but in MN everyone’s car looks filthy all winter, so whatever. Blue and red are easier to pick out in the parking lot and my wife likes blue, so I got blue.

I’m with scooby doo - I can’t fathom spending that much money to change the color of your car.
I agree, but on the other hand, other people can't fathom spending $60K+ on a new car.

1st choice would've been Silver. For a DD, IMO that's the easiest to keep looking clean.

Otherwise, I love Black, but it's always dirty/dusty. White is a bit bland on this car, and that Charcoal color is too much w/ the wheels and moldings close to the same.

Blue or Red. This time I chose Red.