Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone rejected an order this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a terrible delivery experience on a Model 3 RWD last Wednesday. I ended up taking it not realizing many of the panels actually have to be repainted and now I am trying to figure out what to do with Tesla. If in doubt, just refuse the vehicle. The Tesla delivery folks hid the fact I would need to repaint, they suggested minor touch ups and buffing would solve the issues so be very cautious on their advice.

Here is what I ended up getting (And I am not being picky)
MANUFACTURING ANOMALIES
Multiple Blemishes Under the Drivers side front Fender- looks like it may be a handprint
Dust spot on Hood near Emblem
Paint anomalies on Driver side roof Rail Rear corner at the transition to the trunk
Panels under vehicle not aligning- Passenger side - (To be checked not sure if this is an issue or not)
DAMAGE
Rubber Seal on the transition from front to roof glass ripped
Paint chip on Rear bumper drivers side
Scratched Plastic Cover near Drivers Side Seat belt
Dents and touch-ups on Passenger side door frame
NOT WORKING
Windows do not roll up on exit- Tesla service and the delivery team are unaware of this issue. Found out on Forums that this is an issue with new cars being delivered and Tesla is aware of the issue and working on the issue
Vent option from App not working- Tesla service and the delivery team is unaware of this issue. Found out on Forums that this is an issue with new cars being delivered and Tesla is aware of the issue and working on the issue
"Window Control Fail" error in the app- (Unsupported window command)
MISSING PARTS
Centering ring on Passenger Front hubcap missing centering Ring
Any update? I’m having similar issues. Every panel needs to be painted : /