Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone rejected an order this year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did. It had a paint chip on the door, misalignment in the glass roof rubber seals where it was sticking out by 1/4” on one side, and a depressed frunk gap. The chip they have to have sent to a body shop. I was fine just rejecting and waiting as we didn’t need the car right away.

The other Y’s on the lot looked really good. Just bad luck for me. I’m not worried about my next match.

Reactions: Stealth.Pilot
I did. It had a paint chip on the door, misalignment in the glass roof rubber seals where it was sticking out by 1/4” on one side, and a depressed frunk gap. The chip they have to have sent to a body shop. I was fine just rejecting and waiting as we didn’t need the car right away.

The other Y’s on the lot looked really good. Just bad luck for me. I’m not worried about my next match.
Oof. Yeah, I think I can handle minor issues, but glass alignment or doors not closing are things I don't want to have to deal with.

I built a house ~11 years ago and my 2nd story ceiling tape float job was kinda "meh". I can see where 70% of the sheetrock joints are because they're "slightly bulging". Of course the builder said it was "within spec"...and technically there's nothing structurally wrong. But...for 11 years, I've had to look at that and be less than satisfied.

Went today to take delivery of MY SR Vin 104xxx

car looked good except for one item...the back “corner” window was one inch deeper and not flush with the other windows...and the black trim surrounding that little window was sticking way out and not flush with the panels....the service center said the only way to fix it is to remove that corner window and order another one...therefore I rejected the car...attached is a picture...zoom in to see it better

Attachments

• F12319D0-F7F1-44AF-880D-C34772F79936.jpeg
    F12319D0-F7F1-44AF-880D-C34772F79936.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 273
Went today to take delivery of MY SR Vin 104xxx

car looked good except for one item...the back “corner” window was one inch deeper and not flush with the other windows...and the black trim surrounding that little window was sticking way out and not flush with the panels....the service center said the only way to fix it is to remove that corner window and order another one...therefore I rejected the car...attached is a picture...zoom in to see it better
Huh... hard to see, but I think I get what you mean. Yeah, I'm really hoping to avoid any of that kind of stuff.

What are they going to do? Replace the window and give you the same car? or new vin?

Huh... hard to see, but I think I get what you mean. Yeah, I'm really hoping to avoid any of that kind of stuff.

What are they going to do? Replace the window and give you the same car? or new vin?
I agree with you...it is hard to see in the picture...if you had been there in person you would have seen it more clearly...
Basically on one side of the car all the windows were flush with one another...but on the other side that little corner window was much deeper in and not flush with the other windows...also the black trim surrounding it was not sitting correctly and was sticking way out...the panels on that side of the car were not as well aligned as the rest of the car...I am not a mechanic and not sure if this was an “easy” fix...I wouldn’t have had a problem accepting the vehicle if it was fixed right there on the spot while we were at the service center...the car looked immaculate inside...but wasn’t willing to accept a new car without knowing how it was going to look like once it was repaired...

They are assigning me a different VIN...

Reactions: Tedkidd
I rejected my MYP a few weeks ago. Rear tail light was misaligned so there was a lot of condensation inside. There were some minor paint chips here and there, but on the back of the car the bumper was completely scuffed up (around 10 scratches that were about 2-3 feet long). The cherry on top was that there was a deep scratch just above the bumper but below the trunk lift gate that was about an inch long. The guy at the lot said it wasn't something they could buff out but would likely need to either replace the whole part or try to repair it somehow. I rejected delivery and am still waiting now like everyone else here :(

I have pickup on Monday at 4:00 and completely spaced that it’ll be too close to dusk for a good thorough inspection. What are the rules around rejection or flagging an issue to address? Does it have to happen before it drives off the lot?

May request to change my time

No one has posted here in a while, just curious if anyone has had to reject delivery recently due to quality issues?

Seems like most all deliveries I read about on here are high quality with very minor issues, and Tesla has really stepped up quality and fit.

No one has posted here in a while, just curious if anyone has had to reject delivery recently due to quality issues?

Seems like most all deliveries I read about on here are high quality with very minor issues, and Tesla has really stepped up quality and fit.
Based on a search on waitingfortesla.com it looks like a lot of MYP purchases are falling through.

This guy just did...

I had a terrible delivery experience on a Model 3 RWD last Wednesday. I ended up taking it not realizing many of the panels actually have to be repainted and now I am trying to figure out what to do with Tesla. If in doubt, just refuse the vehicle. The Tesla delivery folks hid the fact I would need to repaint, they suggested minor touch ups and buffing would solve the issues so be very cautious on their advice.

Here is what I ended up getting (And I am not being picky)
MANUFACTURING ANOMALIES
Multiple Blemishes Under the Drivers side front Fender- looks like it may be a handprint
Dust spot on Hood near Emblem
Paint anomalies on Driver side roof Rail Rear corner at the transition to the trunk
Panels under vehicle not aligning- Passenger side - (To be checked not sure if this is an issue or not)
DAMAGE
Rubber Seal on the transition from front to roof glass ripped
Paint chip on Rear bumper drivers side
Scratched Plastic Cover near Drivers Side Seat belt
Dents and touch-ups on Passenger side door frame
NOT WORKING
Windows do not roll up on exit- Tesla service and the delivery team are unaware of this issue. Found out on Forums that this is an issue with new cars being delivered and Tesla is aware of the issue and working on the issue
Vent option from App not working- Tesla service and the delivery team is unaware of this issue. Found out on Forums that this is an issue with new cars being delivered and Tesla is aware of the issue and working on the issue
"Window Control Fail" error in the app- (Unsupported window command)
MISSING PARTS
Centering ring on Passenger Front hubcap missing centering Ring

Today was delivery day! 11/16/21 order date. MY build date 8/22. I rejected the MY. The build quality left much to be desired. Rear hatch would not close, took three tries every time. Passenger rear door was misalighned, passenger front seat had a tear or split seam and a nasty rusty orange stain on the bulster and frunk had alot of moisture in it. the latch could be adjusted, the frunk moisture who knowes, the seat could be replaced. Why deal with it.

It did have matrix lights, updated door trim. No cargo cover or extended rear seat carpet (by the lower rear seat post area).
Now the wait begins. The SA said maybe late November-January.
I waited this long whats a couple more months.
What say you?

Reactions: Tedkidd