Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone removed the arm rest?

S3XY_

Jul 30, 2020
United States
Hi all!

The latch broke on my armrest, and I haven't been able to access the console area for a few months. I finally got a new one delivered, but I have no idea how to remove the old one.

I've seen a lot of guides online that detail the removal of the center console and trim, but nothing specific to the arm rest. I am a little apprehensive blindly removing pieces of my newer, fairly expensive car. Can someone point me to a guide, or perhaps suggest an approach to getting the old arm rest swapped out?

Thanks!

AxlxA

Jun 23, 2020
Bay Area
I can help you. I'll post some diagrams later. Let me know if you're still working on it. The arm rest you're talking is broke how? Because you do have to open it to replace it.

Reactions: Perscitus

AxlxA

Jun 23, 2020
Bay Area
@S3XY_
Pop off the rear vent + rear panel - just pull hard toward the back. it's just held on by clips.
Remove the end plate (2 bolts)

Then follow:
endplate.png

armrest removal.png

MarsOrBust

Sep 25, 2020
Kepler-22b
With the arm rest removed one could get it to on upholstery and have it wrapped in a different color before installing it again.
Would look more finished than the velcro wrapped ones currently sold.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC