Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone replaced 3- or 4-way valve?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could use some advice. I've replaced these on my older Model S before, no problem, popped the frunk, removed the lining and swapped the valves.
Thought it would be a similar job on my Model X, but I can't figure out if the radiator must come out, or if it's meant to come out from the underside of the car.. Any takers?

I removed/re-installed one of them (3way i think) but while my radiator was out,
There might be a way to get at it from frunk area if u loosen radiator, AC hoses are on the opposite side n don't move much but valve side should give u some slack. Louvers need to come out. You could also remove 2 bolts that hold the bar that they n radiator attaches too, might also gain some slack.
Best bet is from underneath I think...

I removed/re-installed one of them (3way i think) but while my radiator was out,
There might be a way to get at it from frunk area if u loosen radiator, AC hoses are on the opposite side n don't move much but valve side should give u some slack. Louvers need to come out. You could also remove 2 bolts that hold the bar that they n radiator attaches too, might also gain some slack.
Best bet is from underneath I think...
A perfect recipe for how far I got 😅The radiator won't move much as its jammed towards the front, and the bar is attached to the battery, not moving much either. But as long as I know its supposed to be done from underneath, then thats the way to go. Thank you!

A perfect recipe for how far I got 😅The radiator won't move much as its jammed towards the front, and the bar is attached to the battery, not moving much either. But as long as I know its supposed to be done from underneath, then thats the way to go. Thank you!
Ah, right, i forgot that bar also holds the battery cage, u can undo those bolts too but yeah probably not enough slack anyways due to radiator.
Good luck.

For anyone stumbling cross this later - underneath is a no go. But the bar comes loose after some fiddling and loosening the torx holding both 3-way and 4-way valve in place. Then its just to pull the valves up, replace and put back together. Might as well do both while first at it.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston