Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone seen any info on the next 100 Model 3s to be delivered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All new Toyotas come with complementary maintenance for 2 years 25,000 miles.

Free.
On my 2004 Prius, after the 1st 2 years 30K miles which were free, I've spent ~$9.3K with my neighborhood Toyota dealership since 2006. Only one large item ($1225) was due to road accident, where the AC condenser was punctured by road debris. The remaining $8K were all "recommended" by Toyota dealer.

Each basic oil change was ~$100. At 5K mile recommended interval, between 30K and 159K on the car now, I've done ~25 oil changes at ~$100 a pop which comes out to $2.5K.

In the remaining $5.5K, many are service/repairs on parts such as brakes, shocks, 12V batteries that are in all cars. But there are also many gas engine specific stuff like transmission fluid flush, mass air flow sensor cleaning, spark plugs replacement, fuel injection flush, throttle body cleaning. I'd guess easily 1/3 of the $5.5K would not be necessary in a BEV, and I can save another $1.8K.

So overall I think I can save ~1/2 of the $8K "recommended" maintenance if it were a BEV, and probably more if I'm not using a greedy dealership. But I know too little about cars and live too close to the dealership, so I go and get ripped off.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 22522
seattlite2004 - I completely agree. BTW, you mention "belts" .... there aren't any.
:) good...I'm not gonna worry about replacing them then...hahahah.

We own a 2006 Prius with 68,000 miles+/-. We service it twice a year. Annual costs have run between $500 and $1200/year each of the last 5 years.
Wow...thats a lot of costs. I just looked up the 2006 Prius service schedule...yeah..good thing I didnt follow it. Oil Change/Filter/Rotation are the majority of my maint costs. I just go to the dealer and specify exactly what I want....pure synthetic, rotation(very other oil change), and change out the cabin filter (about every other oil change).

Wow. Kind of depressing to see someone that is that wealthy and connected demonstrate complete and utter "out of touchness" with regular Americans... not to mention his moronic overuse of the world "yum".

"Drives like a Porsche but costs what a Prius costs"? What Prius costs $52,000 which is the minimum he could have paid for the red long-range M3 with the upgraded rims? :rolleyes:

Seems almost certain that he's a big time investor with Tesla and that's how he got his car so early.

Yea, I kinda cringed when I saw the pics with the emojis all over them. I thought someone really rich gave the car to their 16 year old daughter for a second....

I am used to doing this stuff myself.

A Prius is kind of low. I discovered that a wood working bar clamp can be used across the oil pan to hold a socket and ratchet onto the drain plug. If you can reach your arm in far enough to touch the drain plug, this method let's you get the job done.