Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone seen this car before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a QR code on the side of this Tesla but it didn't scan and i didn't get any close up photos of it. On the side is says SAE Level 2 ADAS Testing and something about testing under and there was lots of suction cups on on the glass and what's looks like a white box inside near the dash.

Was parked in a car park in Stafford today

IMG1714.png

Could be linked to this job:

ADAS test operator based near Manchester
Any idea what ADAS test operators do? Is it for FSD?

Do we know what Tesla test cars look like in the states? It isn’t necessarily Tesla. It could be a 3rd party. Gov, insurer, Thatcham/NCAP etc etc.
Where I use to work use to (probably still) do autonomous and semi autonomous testing for some of those. The labelling on the vehicles made them pretty obvious even without the compliment of LiDAR's and occasionally non standard shapes that a vehicle without steering wheel facilitated. I would be surprised if it was one of the above unless it was being used to judge human factors around a less obviously ADAS equipped car.

Rear windows look very tinted. Legal of course, but unusual, I think, as it looks pretty weird as aesthetics go, but if it's designed to stop prying eyes...

Yep, I think so too. I suspect it's to hide extra equipment left in the back.

Never looks good to leave a car in a public car park with boxes, a timer and wires in the back seat

UK AP dies seem to be improving.

Middle lane of the motorway cruising past a lorry- car moved away from the lorry as I passed it and back into the middle of the lane after (rather than the old, just driving uncomfortably close to the lorry). Baby steps but starting to see progress.