Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone sold their car through Driveway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i am selling my 2020 m3p with pup and fsd(beta). 19k miles. driveway has the best offer of $55k. mind you in 2020 i only paid 51K (with a 20K downpayment) so i actually made a profit and after my payoff i will walk away with 20K.

i got this offer via text. the lady called me right away once i sent her the photos of my car lol. they were very interested.

she is off sunday and monday so tuesday i will move forward with them. the email said no inspection (they have my photos) and they will come to me. they also will pay off the credit union and send me the difference.

other offers:

shift 54800
vroom 54500
give me the vin 5200
carvana 52ish
carbuyer usa 51ish

not wasting my time with carmax as i expect them to lowball.
tried Edmunds (i read carmax has a small stake in them) but they needed to inspect my car in person as its a "unique" build...

Reactions: Doggiedog
so i am selling my 2020 m3p with pup and fsd(beta). 19k miles. driveway has the best offer of $55k. mind you in 2020 i only paid 51K (with a 20K downpayment) so i actually made a profit and after my payoff i will walk away with 20K.

i got this offer via text. the lady called me right away once i sent her the photos of my car lol. they were very interested.

she is off sunday and monday so tuesday i will move forward with them. the email said no inspection (they have my photos) and they will come to me. they also will pay off the credit union and send me the difference.

other offers:

shift 54800
vroom 54500
give me the vin 5200
carvana 52ish
carbuyer usa 51ish

not wasting my time with carmax as i expect them to lowball.
tried Edmunds (i read carmax has a small stake in them) but they needed to inspect my car in person as its a "unique" build.
I`m also getting ready to sell my 2019 M3P Stealth, 24K miles (MY LR 7 seat is on it`s way EDD March-April). Last month got an offer from Vroom for 50K. Will give a try to driveway. Last January sold a lease Lexus to Vroom, paperwork went fast but took them week or two to pick up the car.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Posted about my experience w/ Driveway here Recent trade-in experience?

• 1/19 - Driveway sent estimate
  • 1/19 - I responded with all required documentation (photo of registration, title, driver's license, odometer, loan info including 20-day payoff
  • 1/20 - 'Tier 2' agent contacted me and let me know that paperwork would be sent out 1/27
  • 1/28 - Received paperwork including bill of sale and DMV forms
  • 1/28-1/30 - I repeatedly texted my contact and called Driveway (with no answer) to clarify a few questions I had about DMV forms before sending them back
  • 1/30 - Finally received a response from my agent as he was out of office
  • 1/31 - I sent out completed paperwork
  • 2/1 - Driveway confirmed they received completed paperwork and informed me I will receive payment in 3-5 business days. Once I receive payment, I can arrange pickup of my vehicle with Driveway
  • 2/3 - Auto Loan paid off and received remaining amount via ACH to bank account
  • 2/11 - Received text with a link to Airtable form to share pickup time availability
  • 2/14-2/18 - Many texts back and forth attempting to schedule pickup date/time
  • 2/19 - Local BMW dealer came to the house, checked odometer, took pictures of the exterior, and drove away
  • 2/22 - I still haven't removed the car from my Tesla account and see that it is still parked at the local BMW dealership that picked up the car

• Love

• 1/19 - I responded with all required documentation (photo of registration, title, driver's license, odometer, loan info including 20-day payoff
  • 1/20 - 'Tier 2' agent contacted me and let me know that paperwork would be sent out 1/27
  • 1/28-1/30 - I repeatedly texted my contact and called Driveway (with no answer) to clarify a few questions I had about DMV forms before sending them back
  • 2/1 - Driveway confirmed they received completed paperwork and informed me I will receive payment in 3-5 business days. Once I receive payment, I can arrange pickup of my vehicle with Driveway
  • 2/3 - Auto Loan paid off and received remaining amount via ACH to bank account
  • 2/11 - Received text with a link to Airtable form to share pickup time availability
  • 2/19 - Local BMW dealer came to the house, checked odometer, took pictures of the exterior, and drove away
  • 2/22 - I still haven't removed the car from my Tesla account and see that it is still parked at the local BMW dealership that picked up the car
Curious. Why haven’t you removed the car from your Tesla account? You received your money, right? From what I’ve read new owner can’t put the car in their account until you remove it.

whilst not as streamlined as pnw's, i also have my own experience posted there.

Curious. Why haven’t you removed the car from your Tesla account? You received your money, right? From what I’ve read new owner can’t put the car in their account until you remove it.

they finally picked up my car today. i kept it in my account for a while, but after a few hours i just removed it. the people who get these cars are not the customer so they don't need to have any account info tied to the car. at some point you would have to remove the car from your account so the new owners can get access but that's likely a couple weeks before they list it.

Honestly, I just forgot to do so and was curious to see where it was moved to. I also wanted to confirm if there was anything else to do before removing from my account but it seems like there isn’t.

Your experience was longer than mine. Because you had to have your car paid off. My experience was, Filled out information online. Received a few text the next day to confirm a few things and scheduled for the next week. They came that Monday signed papers and he drove off. It took about 10 minutes.

Your experience was longer than mine. Because you had to have your car paid off. My experience was, Filled out information online. Received a few text the next day to confirm a few things and scheduled for the next week. They came that Monday signed papers and he drove off. It took about 10 minutes.
It actually only took 3 days from when I completed the paperwork and receiving payment. All of the additional time came from my inability to get in touch with them in between steps, especially scheduling pickup.

I didn't mind much since my offer was locked in and I did get paid promptly once I finished my part. However, I didn't want to hold onto the car afterward since I was afraid something might happen to it before it was picked up.

yeah once i got the paperwork sent in, the process was rapid. i got my funds the next day after they got the paperwork which was on a friday and on the tuesday my loan was paid off. it took them 7 days to get to pick up my car. it was a 10 minute ish visit.

Just an update on the sale of my car but Driveway completely ghosted me. I spoke to them and got the price I wanted for my car. They moved me up to some purchaser who was not very responsive. I would check in once a week to see where we were with the purchase and he would say there's a hangup. In the meantime I went to givemethevin that someone else recommended. They came in a the same offer as driveway but since I went to driveway first I stuck it out with them. After being ghosted by driveway, who stopped responding to my texts, I went to givemethevin and had my car sold in less than a week with them overnighting a check for the difference between the loan payoff (which they dealt without need for my input) and their offer. They were very efficient and low stress. Unfortunately, the day after I sold my car someone rear ended me in my new car. At least it wasn't the one I intended to sell.

Attachments

• 20220319_160405a.jpg
    20220319_160405a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
Just an update on the sale of my car but Driveway completely ghosted me. I spoke to them and got the price I wanted for my car. They moved me up to some purchaser who was not very responsive. I would check in once a week to see where we were with the purchase and he would say there's a hangup. In the meantime I went to givemethevin that someone else recommended. They came in a the same offer as driveway but since I went to driveway first I stuck it out with them. After being ghosted by driveway, who stopped responding to my texts, I went to givemethevin and had my car sold in less than a week with them overnighting a check for the difference between the loan payoff (which they dealt without need for my input) and their offer. They were very efficient and low stress. Unfortunately, the day after I sold my car someone rear ended me in my new car. At least it wasn't the one I intended to sell.
Curious. Why did you go from 2021 to 2022?

Curious. Why did you go from 2021 to 2022?
Back in Dec/Jan, I was offered from Driveway $63,500 for my 2021. Vroom offered $59,000. There is no sales tax on EVs in NJ and I bought the car for $55,000, so I figured I could upgrade and still make some money since how often does something like this happen. Unfortunately, by the time I received the 2022, the best I could get was $57,000 for the 2021 so I should have sold it then and just rented a car or Ubered (I don't drive that much). Still made out ahead but I'll probably need to keep the car for a long time since it has diminished value bc of the accident.

Thanks for info! Got an offer for Driveway ($35.8k) today on my 2019 SR+ (with FSD Beta), 75k miles.. much higher than Carmax ($31k), Carvana ($30.5k), Vroom (30k to 19k 2nd offer pull, LOL) and dealer offers. I sent in docs an hour or so ago, hoping it goes well! I have 2 filled rock chips (not spreading) that I told them of and it did not lower offer. This is probably very close to what I'd get private sale... very impressed!

I also checked inride, they have to call back if they can find someone in my area for inspection... offered $34.9.