Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone sold their car through Driveway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother-in-law sold his 2019 Lexus RX350 to driveway last week. It took them a few days to get in touch with him and about week to pick-up the car. Overall the process was not that bad. Their offer was better than caravan and vroom.

They were great! Be prepared for a month long process but they pull through. It sounds like they buy from people and then sell the car through a dealer network. On pick up day the land Rover dealership in Orlando picked up the car and sold it about 4 days later. Sold to driveway for 39k and they listed it for 44.5k

Reactions: voxel
Sold my M3SR+ to Driveway in Dec, it was a lengthy & manual process but overall was easy! It took them ~25 days from quote to pick up (I got paid around Day #13) but offer was legit, and higher than Carmax/Carvana/Vroom by $2k. Would use them again!

Reactions: voxel
Finally had Tier 2 reach out to me (day 12) , confirmed bank details. Informed next step is 'QC team' that will send the packet to my address, noted there may be a couple week delay due to high volume... They said I'd get a overnight pre-paid envelope for returning DMV forms etc. then receive payment promptly after and then schedule car pickup.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Ok, update -

After selling my MYLR to Driveway for $60k, I watched out for it on their website. It took them a while to get the title and prep the car for sale. And kuods to them, because they bought it pre price hike, and sold after the latest round of hikes. It lasted about a week until it was presumably sold for just under $67k. wow

13k miles. white on black on 21" uberturbines

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I had a great experience selling my car through Diveway. See the thread I started here on that experience

Partially worried on if Driveway stays true to their offer based on if extended time lapses due to their increasing size of backlog. If the trade in/used market recovers at all over a month/month and a half period, would they keep the original quoted offer since car may be worth less from when quoted? I'd ask them but don't want to give them the idea.. lol.

Partially worried on if Driveway stays true to their offer based on if extended time lapses due to their increasing size of backlog. If the trade in/used market recovers at all over a month/month and a half period, would they keep the original quoted offer since car may be worth less from when quoted? I'd ask them but don't want to give them the idea.. lol.

We are nearly completed with a sale to Driveway. They honored their original price even after a number of delays that added about a month to the process. They have made final payments to us and the bank last week, now we are just waiting for them to schedule the pickup. We had a similar experience with Carvana. Carvana left a vehicle sit in our driveway for well over a week before pickup.

driveway will honor the price ASSUMING you are true and correct about the condition of the vehicle. on some cars they may ask you to log in to a web portal that takes certain photos of your vehicle to verify things. if you are honest and upfront you should not worry about anything.

Keep us updated, I also accepted driveway offer but getting held up to the next step
after being held up so long I tried Kelly Blue Book instant offer. They work with local dealers so it is kind of YMMV situation. First dealer I went to (Honda) took forever to look over the car (I think they were kind of clueless on Teslas) and then they finally came back with a lower offer than KBB. 2nd dealer (Kia) seemed to be more knowledgeable both on EVs and working with KBB offers. They matched that offer and I went with it. It was slightly lower than Driveway, but I didn't want to wait on them any longer. Still more than Carvana, Vroom, Carmax, etc. Worth checking out if you want an instant buy.