Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone started using HOV on nav yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Signature P85 and in the software notes it says I will need the latest map download in order to start using the feature. I got software update 42 this morning but it doesnt seem to be working yet. Has anyone seen how this works yet?

Well on EAP when HOV on nav is set to "enabled" NoA will suggest the lane change all the way in to the HOV/PPU lane. Then when approaching your exit or interstate change it will wait for the appropriate place to exit the HOV lane and prompt for automatic lane change. Works very well.

• Love
Reactions: NYL12
I have a Signature P85 and in the software notes it says I will need the latest map download in order to start using the feature. I got software update 42 this morning but it doesnt seem to be working yet. Has anyone seen how this works yet?
You likely don't have the maps update. I've been (impatiently) waiting for it since I updated to V9, wondering if there's an issue with my WiFi or if it just hasn't rolled out wide enough yet.

Reactions: kgroschi
Thanks guys! I guess I'll keep waiting for the Tesla mother ship to decide to beam down the 42.2 update to me.
I received 2018.42.2 today, but Nav on Autopilot isn't there. I'm guess it requires the new maps update.
Wait, OP says Signature P85, does that mean this feature will be available of AP1 cars? I don't think so, but would be really cool if it was. Just can't imagine that it would be, considering the car doesn't have more than just the front camera.
Nope. You need AP2.0 or newer.

• Love
Reactions: D.E.
Navigate on HOV is available to AP1 cars. It just calculates navigation time thinking that you'll be smart enough to use it when it's available. It does not instruct you when to use them though. Still, it seems to work pretty good.

I wish the navigation WAS smart enough to calculate the route based on HOV. I do have the feature turned on and NoA does prompt me to move in to the HOV/PPV lane once I reach an entry point. BUT...nav wants to redirect me most mornings off of the expressway because it thinks the route will be faster than "30 minutes" I have selected in the settings. HOV/PPV lanes are always much faster than the displayed or anticipated times.

I wish the navigation WAS smart enough to calculate the route based on HOV. I do have the feature turned on and NoA does prompt me to move in to the HOV/PPV lane once I reach an entry point. BUT...nav wants to redirect me most mornings off of the expressway because it thinks the route will be faster than "30 minutes" I have selected in the settings. HOV/PPV lanes are always much faster than the displayed or anticipated times.

Good point. I haven't actually checked to see if it understands the speed change. Does Google Maps? It always seems to me that it did.

I think two different things are being discussed. The poster is asking if navigation using HOV lanes now works. The poster has a pre autopilot car, so the discussion should not be about autopilot.

I just noticed a few days ago when I am using navigation that the car knows that I am in a HOV lane to tell me to use the HOV exit rather than tell me to use the standard exit. There is a toggle to turn this on or off under the navigation settings. I have no evidence yet that it calculates arrival time using an HOV route. I use to wonder if I should plan my own route using HOV lanes or follow the navigation recommendations.

I haven't got a map update since the beginning of summer. I've used routes where HOV is available and have not seen any prompts to use it. I did get release notes that said I have the feature but it also said I needed the latest maps for it to work.