Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Successfully “Downgraded” from SR+ to SR Post Purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully “downgraded” their SR+ to an SR for purchases before the blog post was made?

In their post it says “Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.”

At the time, 4/11/19, it said “anyone who has already bought” meaning the people who bought before the blog post, were also valid to downgrade...but I’ve been hearing people say it’s impossible to do so.

I’m not complaining, just asking if anyone who purchased their vehicle before that post has successfully downgraded to the SR?

Not yet, trying to downgrade since Friday the 12th which was within the 7 days return window.
I’ve been told to wait by multiple persons, including the Sales Manager in my city.

Love the car, but the additional feature of the SR+ Vs the SR are not worth for me.
I actually ordered at the beginning the SR and switched to the SR+ because it was not sure when Tesla would have delivered the SR model (6/8 weeks, but without a real possible date) and I needed the car.

Not yet, trying to downgrade since Friday the 12th which was within the 7 days return window.
I’ve been told to wait by multiple persons, including the Sales Manager in my city.

Love the car, but the additional feature of the SR+ Vs the SR are not worth for me.
I actually ordered at the beginning the SR and switched to the SR+ because it was not sure when Tesla would have delivered the SR model (6/8 weeks, but without a real possible date) and I needed the car.
Thanks. Please post an update once you know more.

Has anyone else tried this?

Read on another forum someone in the bay area did, but they had to go into a dealership/showroom to do it face-to-face and the staff basically "committed" to him that it's been "done", but it's not "official" yet as they were waiting on their internal IT system to provide the down-grade capabilities, which isn't available yet. I'll go see if I can find the thread.

Read on another forum someone in the bay area did, but they had to go into a dealership/showroom to do it face-to-face and the staff basically "committed" to him that it's been "done", but it's not "official" yet as they were waiting on their internal IT system to provide the down-grade capabilities, which isn't available yet. I'll go see if I can find the thread.
Found the thread, Refund for SR+ to SR software downgrade. : Model3

Reactions: ghsnick!