Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone sued Tesla over back-ordered parts and repair delays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, gang, I finally got my car back a bout a week ago. Only 6 months to replace an air strut!

In the meantime, I started shopping for a new vehicle and put a deposit down on a BMW iX. The vehicle is so well-built and fitted compared to my MS. Also, the underlying engineering is so well done. No vampire drain, no loss of regen below 60F (I test drove a cold-soaked car early in the morning when it was 20F, and no regen/power limited warnings.) It was so refreshing being able to walk in and talk to staff, talk to them on the telephone, get responses to emails, etc.

I look forward to the day (probably early summer, as there's a big allocation backlog) I can wash my hands of Tesla forever.

Congrats on the new car. I'm looking forward to a post-Tesla future within the next month and I agree with you about the customer service. Even though my car is a 2013 I still have people chat me up about it and they are usually quite surprised when I warn them about buying a Tesla.

Reactions: Barry
Late to this thread but misery loves company. No, to answer the question, since I was accommodated. In 2019 my 2013 Tesla was on a lift in my garage and the lift malfunctioned. Caused body damage. The garage paid for repair and a loaner so not on my insurance. Mercedes dealer was the authorized repair shop. It took SIX MONTHS. The loaner rental (a giant SUV) and repair cost more than the value of the car. Repair was $18.000. Another insult. I had a new roof rack I was planning to install. When the car was returned, the roof trim had been replaced. While the roof trim part number was the same, the post-2015 cars have the rack anchor points in a different spot so the roof trim mount point is about an inch away from where it needs to be. No roof rack for me. Love the car, still. At this stage I will self-total the car before giving it to a body shop (I don't carry collision insurance on it)
IMG_2775.JPG