Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone taken delivery of Standard 3 (NOT PLUS)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a standard on order - although I was promised delivery it is not clear if this will actually happen. There are some questions that I have not been able to get answers from Tesla or I get contradicting answers. The most important one is this:

I am NOT paying 3k for autopilot (aka super cruise control). Is there a standard cruise control eg set a speed turn on - it goes at that speed unless you turn it off or step on the brake. So without autopilot can I do this?

I have a standard on order - although I was promised delivery it is not clear if this will actually happen. There are some questions that I have not been able to get answers from Tesla or I get contradicting answers. The most important one is this:

I am NOT paying 3k for autopilot (aka super cruise control). Is there a standard cruise control eg set a speed turn on - it goes at that speed unless you turn it off or step on the brake. So without autopilot can I do this?
I have an SR+ without autopilot and yes there's a standard Cruise Control. I'm expecting the very same with the SR.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Thanks but now SR+ comes with AP standard. did u gets yours before they changed the specs (which I guess they do often and without notice?)
Yes, mine is without autopilot, delivered 5 days before the price change (including AP)
I looked at the same information online. I tested it before I got the 60 days trial for autopilot.
As per the following: cruise control | Tesla
"You just pull down on the right steering wheel stalk once while driving, and you’re in cruise control. You can pull it up to cancel. To adjust the speed, you can either cancel, manually accelerate or decelerate to the new desired speed and reactivate OR you can use the screen to tap a + or - symbol to adjust the speed."

Hope it helps

• Helpful
That helps a lot but
I read online that a few people had received Standard but now can't find what I read.
It is not clear to me that Tesla has actually delivered any of the Standards (which makes it EXTREMELY unlikely I'd get mine b/c all the people with reservations who have been waiting years should be ahead of me), so can anyone confirm that they received a standard without any enhancements at the 35k (plus costs) price point?

Was his the standard (did it have cloth seats which have never seemed to exist) and why did he reject it? Did they deliver it or could he pick it up somewhere? I'm in N Ca and have been told I cannot pick up it has to be delivered and people are reporting they just drop it off, have u sign some papers (and pay if cash) and it takes 5 minutes - doesn't seem good for checking the car out in a sensible way :(
I'm aiming for delivery 3 days before end of June (out of town so can't take delivery b4 that) and also ordered white (they sure seem to be making a lot of black!)

Was his the standard (did it have cloth seats which have never seemed to exist) and why did he reject it? Did they deliver it or could he pick it up somewhere? I'm in N Ca and have been told I cannot pick up it has to be delivered and people are reporting they just drop it off, have u sign some papers (and pay if cash) and it takes 5 minutes - doesn't seem good for checking the car out in a sensible way :(
I'm aiming for delivery 3 days before end of June (out of town so can't take delivery b4 that) and also ordered white (they sure seem to be making a lot of black!)

It was an SR+ that was downgraded to an SR. There are no cloth seat Model 3’s. Just SR+ with some features locked out via software.

You can always refuse home delivery and tell them they need to arrange for pickup in a service center. You are the customer. Don’t let them tell you what they are going to do. Tell them what you want.

This car was a demo car that was sold with 600 miles on it. When we got there the odometer had over 1,000 miles on it. We would have accepted it if they had just made a small adjustment for the mileage but there was nobody there who could address the issue so they told us we’d have to leave and wait around until a manager was available next week. But with over 1,000 miles on it it’s now a used car and the adjustment they want to give us is only $600 so it just makes sense to place an order for a new one. At least we will get HW3 on a new car.

• Informative
Interesting - I was told there were NO demos available (SR). So if it is a used car does this mean you (friend) wouldn't get the federal credit? Where was the car - maybe I could buy it b4 I leave and solve my problem ;) - were there other things wrong?
What is HW3?
This forum is sooooo much more helpful than the sales people, Tesla execs, etc - THANK YOU

Interesting - I was told there were NO demos available (SR). So if it is a used car does this mean you (friend) wouldn't get the federal credit? Where was the car - maybe I could buy it b4 I leave and solve my problem ;) - were there other things wrong?
What is HW3?
This forum is sooooo much more helpful than the sales people, Tesla execs, etc - THANK YOU

The car is still eligible for the tax credit. But with 1,000 miles on it the discount should be at least $1,500. Cars built after around April 12th have a new version of the full self driving computer hardware commonly referred to as HW3. The board is significantly more powerful than the prior version (V2.5). If you plan to purchase full self driving they will upgrade the computer chip. However, if you only plan to purchase Autopilot you will not get the upgrade. At this point it makes no sense to buy a car with V2.5 unless you can get it at a significant discount. Just order the car you want and wait a few weeks for delivery. It’s worth waiting for.

And yes, most Tesla sales reps are completely in the dark about Tesla vehicles and a complete waste of time to speak with. Occasionally you find a good one but it’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. People who regularly participate in this forum almost certainly know more than even the most knowledgeable Tesla salesperson.

For sure! You can't imagine how grateful I am for all your help! I really want the car but it's hard to deal with a company where no one knows what's really going on IRL!
How did your friend find the demo (what city)? My rep told me there were none available per his inventory tool (but maybe it doesn't extend to S Ca)

For sure! You can't imagine how grateful I am for all your help! I really want the car but it's hard to deal with a company where no one knows what's really going on IRL!
How did your friend find the demo (what city)? My rep told me there were none available per his inventory tool (but maybe it doesn't extend to S Ca)

They have demo cars from time to time but they go quickly. This one is in Costa Mesa. We haven’t communicated our intentions yet regarding the car because Tesla hasn’t responded to any phone calls or voicemails for the past several days.

I have a Model 3 "Standard Range" with no Autopilot. I got it for $35,000 (or $36,200 including the mandatory "destination fee" and "documentation fee"). It is technically a Model 3 Standard Range Plus, and at an undetermined date they will software limit my battery range to 220 miles, disable access to the fog lights, and remove the "immersive audio" feature (which is some sort of digital EQ setting).

INFO_1.png INFO_2.jpg

Before purchasing this car without Autopilot, I was unable to find any solid information online about the basic non-Autopilot cruise control. There is no information about it in the downloadable manual for the Model 3. But it does exist! As far as I'm aware, the instructions are only available in the on-screen manual within the actual car itself. Here are the relevant pages from that manual:

MANUAL_1.jpg MANUAL_2.jpg MANUAL_3.jpg MANUAL_4.jpg MANUAL_5.jpg

Again thank you - I spent way too much time trying to find that info online b4 posting here!
I don't care about the fog, audio and higher range. I was told the SR would have heated seats only in the front (but not rear) - do u know if that will be disabled (or doesn't work at delivery)?

Yes, mine is without autopilot, delivered 5 days before the price change (including AP)
I looked at the same information online. I tested it before I got the 60 days trial for autopilot.
As per the following: cruise control | Tesla
"You just pull down on the right steering wheel stalk once while driving, and you’re in cruise control. You can pull it up to cancel. To adjust the speed, you can either cancel, manually accelerate or decelerate to the new desired speed and reactivate OR you can use the screen to tap a + or - symbol to adjust the speed."

Hope it helps

There’s so many variations. Tesla is going to mess up one of these updates and just give everyone AP.

• Funny
I don't care about the fog, audio and higher range. I was told the SR would have heated seats only in the front (but not rear) - do u know if that will be disabled (or doesn't work at delivery)?

I can only tell you what was told to me, but others have been told different things. I was told the front heated seats will always remain accessible even on the base Standard Range. But Tesla employees often give customers inaccurate information because they haven't been provided with up-to-date info themselves. If you are getting a Tesla, be prepared for some frustration over that type of thing. All that being said, here's the information I was shown the day I ordered my Model 3 in-store. (Apologies for the huge shadow over the page.)

FEATURES.jpg

Different versions of this list have been floating around forums like this, and some of those lists were put together by regular Tesla enthusiasts trying to track the constant changes to the interior features. But this particular sheet was printed off of Tesla's internal info center provided to the employees at the store where I placed my order. My understanding is that this is official. In my opinion, this information should be provided to anyone who wants to order a Model 3, although that doesn't seem to be happening.

All that being said, here's the information I was shown the day I ordered my Model 3 in-store. (Apologies for the huge shadow over the page.

Thanks for the picture of the flyer, I've seen another post with a picture before, but it's nice to see someone else have a firsthand picture of it as well. I just wish I had a real copy of it, but that looks very official and concrete enough for me to believe that I'll never lose my, very needed, heated front seats in the winter!

-Stach