Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone taken delivery with 19" Gemini wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone actually seen a Model Y with 19" Gemini wheels at a delivery center waiting for delivery?
The TMC survey spreadsheet shows that 56% of us ordered 19" Gemini wheels. But precisous few of those 19" orders have received a VIN and a delivery date. The 19" orders include some of the most expensive versions of Model Y (Performance without upgrade) and some of the least expensive. I suspect there is (or was) a shortage of 19" tires or wheels or wheel covers, but that is SHEER SPECULATION on my part.
Spreadsheet shows 9% ordered black paint. Now we read that Tesla is calling people who ordered black paint and offering quicker delivery if they change to another color. Is Tesla also calling people who ordered 19" wheels and offering quicker delivery if they upgrade to 20" or 21" wheels?

Reactions: KJD
I saw a picture on a local Tesla group of a MSM with the 19" Gemini wheels. It was just sitting at the delivery center. I can't find the picture but it looked good. The one thing that stuck out to me is the wheels are brighter than they look online. When I get mine, I'll probably wrap or dip them in a black to match the trim.

I'm almost beginning to think there is an issue with the Gemini wheel as we are not seeing any deliveries. It is funny that some of this that ordered our Y's back in March of last year have not heard anything yet folks that ordered the Performance or AWD with non-Gemini wheels have got their cars. Some of them ordered a few months ago. It's a bit frustrating but considering the world situation, I'm in no rush.

I'm almost beginning to think there is an issue with the Gemini wheel as we are not seeing any deliveries. It is funny that some of this that ordered our Y's back in March of last year have not heard anything yet folks that ordered the Performance or AWD with non-Gemini wheels have got their cars. Some of them ordered a few months ago. It's a bit frustrating but considering the world situation, I'm in no rush.

There is one being prepped for delivery here in the Seattle area. A guy on a M3 local group was picking up his 3 and snapped a picture for everyone. If I can find it I will post it here.

These were taken at a delivery center here in the Seattle area on March 13th.
Model Y.jpg
Model Y rear.jpg

I'm sure it's my own bias, having settled on the 19" for a number of reasons (tire size, oem tires installed, replacement tire price, lessened damage for potholes) but these Gemini wheels are growing on me. I like the idea that based on a whim I can take the covers off and have a different look.

Ew - those look terrible. Partly because the offset of the wheel is high so they're sitting too far inside the fender. Some of the early press unveilings of the model y had the car on gemini type wheels but they were black. The silver looks very much out of place with the rest of the dark accents on the car. Plastidip or powdercoat them for sure.

Ew - those look terrible. Partly because the offset of the wheel is high so they're sitting too far inside the fender. Some of the early press unveilings of the model y had the car on gemini type wheels but they were black. The silver looks very much out of place with the rest of the dark accents on the car. Plastidip or powdercoat them for sure.
I ordered because I think they do look better than the current aeros on the 3. After seeing this picture, I changed my mind and will be getting them coated or dipped to match the black trim.

I feel like the Gemini's might look OK on a white Model Y, where the handles are chrome and so it does a better job matching with the silver. The match with the MSM isn't terrible, IMHO.

I tried searching around, but do we know for sure what the Gemini's look like with the aero covers removed?

I feel like the Gemini's might look OK on a white Model Y, where the handles are chrome and so it does a better job matching with the silver. The match with the MSM isn't terrible, IMHO.

I tried searching around, but do we know for sure what the Gemini's look like with the aero covers removed?

I saw a guy on YouTube show them based on Ys that were being tested on the road over the past few months. They actually look pretty good.

I'll wait with judgement until I see them, but from that picture (thanks @Gowings23) they look rather ugly indeed.

I'm considering getting 20" TST wheels from TSportline once I get the Y, as I don't like the look of the Tesla 20" (Induction?) wheels either.

I'll wait with judgement until I see them, but from that picture (thanks @Gowings23) they look rather ugly indeed.

I'm considering getting 20" TST wheels from TSportline once I get the Y, as I don't like the look of the Tesla 20" (Induction?) wheels either.

I figured for $2000 I can buy a 2nd set of wheels. Once I wear out the OEM tires on my 19" wheels, I could buy another set of wheels/tires and put winter tires on the 19" wheels. Of course, if the OEM tires perform well enough in the snow, I may just be happy enough with the Gemenis by then.

Anothet thing I considered; the OEM 20" wheels look like they stick out past the rubber - it's only a matter of time before those show silver curb rash.

Reactions: iamnid
Just curious, why? Does the payment for it depend on the stock market or something? Just asking as I know several anxiously awaiting their delivery notice, even during this shitshow. It may be the one highlight!

In order for us to be feel good with the payment we’re putting money down as retirement is coming up and I don’t think it’s smart to drop money on a car right now (for us). Tesla will be around and someone can take our spot in line for the Model Y. We’ve got a 3 so it’s not a totally new thing to us

Reactions: Electric Steve

What makes you think a white Model Y comes with chrome handles?

Manufacturer demo vehicle but most likely what it'll look like for production versions.

Attachments

• y_gemini.jpeg
    y_gemini.jpeg
    717.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Informative
Reactions: liuping