Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone taken delivery with 19" Gemini wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't see this video tagged yet. Ignore the title, it's NOT a performance model. He keeps referring to "standard performance" or "plus" whatever the f that means. It's an LR AWD with the Gemini wheels.

Incorrect. It is a performance model. It's the performance model without the performance upgrade package (PUP). He posted a follow up video following this one confirming that and clearing up his terminology.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve
I thought even stealth performance models had the red underline in the badging. Is that not correct? (I don't have a P)

The software should have the Red Line under the Dual Motor on the screen for sure, but seems the exterior doesn't (or at least doesn't on this guys car) have the red line.

He's confirmed the Red Line in the software so he got the performance model. He also called Tesla corporate and they confirmed.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Mine is scheduled for home delivery this Friday.
It arrived this afternoon. Not great lighting, but here's a pic with the Gemini covers on. I think I like them and will leave them on for now.
ModelY.jpg

The Model Y is absolutely amazing so far. Also, it looks much bigger in person than it does in pictures.

It arrived this afternoon. Not great lighting, but here's a pic with the Gemini covers on. I think I like them and will leave them on for now.
View attachment 526637

The Model Y is absolutely amazing so far. Also, it looks much bigger in person than it does in pictures.
I was planning on ordering MSM but I really don't like the Gemini wheels with or w/o the aero covers. I think the bright silver looks strange with the blacked out trim on MY. I was looking at the pre-production aero covers which were blacked out and they look much better.

I ordered the 19" wheels on my M3 because i didn't like the aero covers but was trying avoid having to pay the $2k for induction wheels and I'd like to keep the 19" wheels for doing outdoors activities (I'm trying to avoid calling it off-roading haha)
MY aero 3.jpg
MY aero 2.jpg
MY aero 1.jpg

Wheels are just one of the variables...don't ignore the fact that there are many more choices in 19" aftermarket tires than 20" versions. There is a substantial price difference as well.

I've heard this as well, but looking on tirerack.com, there seem to be more 20" options with the required xl load range. I'm disappointed that Michelin doesn't make an all season the 19's that fit the MY.

Reactions: frankvb