Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone towed with a Model X yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Blue heaven if you use the site search function to search the X forums for the word "towing" you will find many threads about towing-related topics, and photos. So far, I am aware of X owners that have towed the following caravans: Airstream Sport 22, Bowlus Road Chief, Safari Caravans Alto, and a few others.

Also, search YouTube for a Bjorn Nyland video about towing a big caravan.

@Blue heaven if you use the site search function to search the X forums for the word "towing" you will find many threads about towing-related topics, and photos. So far, I am aware of X owners that have towed the following caravans: Airstream Sport 22, Bowlus Road Chief, Safari Caravans Alto, and a few others.

Blue heaven was referring to people in Australia where the model X has only just been released in the last few weeks.

It would be really nice if people actually looked at the originating thread ie "Australia and New Zealand" before firing off not-so-clever posts :rolleyes:

Blue heaven was referring to people in Australia where the model X has only just been released in the last few weeks.

It would be really nice if people actually looked at the originating thread ie "Australia and New Zealand" before firing off not-so-clever posts :rolleyes:

Hey Murbs, chill bro, where all one big happy Tesla family here no matter the country of origin.

Reactions: Puttit

Thanks Ecarfan, I will have a look, need some photos to display at EV car shows.

I have to disagree with you on that Burnt Toast, there are tens of thousands of wealthy and not so wealthy Aussies who hook up expensive SUVs to expensive caravans and drive off to all parts of this great country of ours to enjoy the scenery, it doesn't matter how wealthy a person is and how fancy a hotel may be the freedom to be able to pull up a caravan at short notice and stop for the night (or a week) because the scenery is spectacular is priceless. Hotels are over rated anyway because sometimes they're full of wealthy people who are up themselves.

I would agree for us in Canada as well. Hotels are hotels and they obviously have their place but the managers get uppity when you cut a hole in the roof and start a fire to roast a weenie or two. Camping has nothing to do with lodging and everything to do with enjoying the outdoors in a comfortable but close up kinda way.

Jmho

@ecarfan was definitely just trying to help, and he definitely was aware that this was an Aussie thread, as evidenced by his using the term "caravan", which we don't use here in the US.

Any information would be helpful if you have none, even if it is from the other side of the road (and the other side of the world!)

Reactions: ohmman
trailer2.jpg

It's a small one, but a trailer none the less.;)

• Funny
Reactions: deonb and OzSimon
@ecarfan was definitely just trying to help, and he definitely was aware that this was an Aussie thread, as evidenced by his using the term "caravan", which we don't use here in the US.

Any information would be helpful if you have none, even if it is from the other side of the road (and the other side of the world!)
Thanks @BerTX.

@Murbs I was aware this thread is in the Australia & New Zealand subforum. The OP asked if anyone had used their X for towing. Many people have and I was simply encouraging him to search TMC. I am pretty sure that the physics of towing with a Tesla is the same in the Southern Hemisphere as it is in the Northern Hemisphere.

I plan on towing a caravan with a Tesla next year, and I will gladly accept advice and input from other Tesla owners no matter what part of the world they reside in.

I'm noticing in the above video and also in two of the new MX's recently delivered in Perth with the tow package, that all have the one piece European tow hitch.

However, if you select the towing package, as I have done for our 100D, it currently says, "Compatible with hitch mount bike and ski carriers". To me this means it has the 2" square receiver which is common in Australia and accepts different tongues and more importantly, my bike carrier. This isn't what's supplied on the most recently delivered Australian 90D's I have seen or the 75D in the above tow test.

I'll be contacting my DS soon for clarification. Here's an article on Teslarati showing the 2" receiver

How to install the Tesla Model X tow hitch receiver

Anybody had theirs delivered in Australia with the 2" square receiver?