Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone traded in their 3 for a 21 refresh ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just one update: I just put on my snow tires that I originally bought for my 2019 onto the 2021. (They are mounted on their own rims so it was a simple swap). However, I learned, to my dismay, that the TPMS system has changed in 2021. According to Tirerack.com, where I bought the snows, the new TPMS uses a bluetooth transmitter. Upgrading to the new TPMS will cost about $100/tire for the transmitter + about $25/tire installation. Rather than spend $500 on this, I'll live with TPMS fault and check my pressure with a tire guage. (Swiping the message left will, at least, minimize it.)

I sold my 2020 Performance for a 2021 AWD Boost. Haven’t looked back. Love the 2021 model and with Boost, i have no need for the extra .5 second speed.

i wanted the longer range and other features. Also helped that the dealer that bought my car priced my value incorrectly and i made out like a bandit :)

(They booked it as a FSD optioned car which it wasn’t. They called a few days later asking me if it had it but by then it was too late. It was their own mistake as i never mentioned it and they never asked.)

Daaaaamn. Lucked out!

I sold my 2020 SR+ to Carvana for $34k and bought a new one for $34,190 after the NJ rebate. Was a no brainer. My wife loves the new interior so much more (she hated the fingerprints and stupid cover that we never closed over the phones). I really think the heat pump makes a nice difference for the winter, granted I haven’t even put 600 miles on it yet in the last month because we both work from home right now.

Note for all NJ folks, the rebate has since ended due to “lack of funding.” I would not have done the trade if not for the $5k rebate.