Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Tried Bead Maker?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joebruin77

Dec 23, 2018
Encino, CA
There is a lot of hype regarding Bead Maker these days. Bead Maker is a spray sealant that can be used as a topper for waxes, sealants, or ceramic coatings. It is supposed to provide an insane level of slicknes and gloss. It does not last very long and needs to be reapplied every 1 to 2 months. It has gotten rave reviews online, but I can't tell if the claims on what it does are true or if it is a product of slick marketing, no pun intended. Bead Maker is a polymer sealant and does not contain SiO2.

Have any of you used Bead Maker? I am thinking about ordering a pint to test it out, but thought I would ask her for thoughts/opinions on it first.

Thank you,
Joebruin77

I have used it for 4 months and love it . Put it on the glass too . Does a great job . Only tip is don’t apply in direct sunlight if possible as it can haze over very fast . I ended up buying a gallon of the stuff after I tried the small spray bottle . Also got a cheap hand pump mister off amazon to apply it . Works very well

a gallon size bottle of this cost as much as 2 coatings of DIY ceramic coating... that said, a gallon of beadmaker applied every month should do a great job. also look into something like gyeon wetcoat or carpro hydrO2. both are spray on spray off coatings and couldnt be easier to apply for the protection you get

Hey, guys,
In doing research on Bead Maker, it has incredibly high levels of shine, gloss, and slickness. However, several different reviews, including a couple well regarded YouTubers, compared its durability to other spray-on sealants and its durability seems to be on the low end. For example, the Forensic Detailing guy on YouTube showed that applying a soap solution a few times was enough to basically kill off the bead maker, where as other sealants kept their protection. As much as I love gloss and slickness, I don't want to sacrifice durability of protection. So for this reason, I am inclined to pass on Bead Maker.

I have been using Hyper Seal by Optimum and I really like it a lot. But there seems to be a very limited number of reviews out there. Has anyone found a good and thorough review on Hyper Seal? I am especially curious to see it compared to other SiO2 sealants but I can't find any.

Are there any other SiO2 spray sealants that people here have tried and like? I am basically looking for a spray sealant that is PPF safe, that provides gloss, slickness, and protection. Perhaps Hyper Seal is my best bet, but I welcome any suggestions.

Thank you,
joebruin77

Reactions: dwalme and tfraley
That is a good point. BM is very economical, so you can apply it very frequently without breaking the bank.

I think that's partially the magic of BM is the economical price and how it feels on the paint (or the PPF). It has a different feel than other sealants and sprays.

For context, after every wash, I use BM as a drying aid, and its really just a couple of spritz per panel and a wipe. Its so fast to apply compared to other sprays that I wouldn't discount it base on its durability.

I did a test with some products, found here:
Automotive Wax and Top Coating Experiment

I really like Hydrosilex, but I have hard water at my house so I always do a final wipe down after washing with a top coat product to get any smudges and to add gloss and shine. Hydrosilex was simply too expensive to apply every week. I started looking for a cheaper alternative and came across BeadMaker. So far I really like it after using it for 2 weeks. I feel it is as slick, or slicker than Hydrosilex. I have a full ceramic pro coating on the car, and PPF on the front end. I think 3 coats of BeadMaker on top of the ceramic coating seems slicker than the ceramic coating alone. My fingers slip off the trunk when trying to close the hatch. It seems to attract dust, similar to Hydrosilex. It washes easily, and lasted through my first wash cycle and is still extremely slick. It is extremely cheap, easy to apply, and smells amazing. A perfect solution for wiping down the car after washing it every week. And the best part is that it really shines the car and makes the car glossy. More so than any other product I have tried, and it doesn't get streaky when applying. So far I am a huge fan but want to keep applying it and see what I think after a month or so.