Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried enabling Sentry Mode while vehicle is in service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GolanB

Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2018
NYC
It would be cool to see the service staff working on my car after its returned from the shop on recorded video, but it feels a little like a privacy violation to enable it while its there. I mulled over the idea a few times, and in the end decided not to.

Thoughts?

They put in service mode that disabled all that stuff. They pull the USB (mine was in a little plastic bag). They also unplug aftermarket dash cams.

I had a feeling that Service Mode might disable features, but the slide button was still there so I assumed it could have been enabled; guess not? Not much to record to if they pull and bag the USB. I guess I'll find out when I pick up.

It would be awesome if Tesla had an HD camera in each maintenance bay, and let you watch the maintenance happening.

Interesting - my app said something like “car in service mode”. Perhaps they didn’t do anything to yours?

- Mine lets me know the vehicle is in for service, it displays an "In Service Message".
- It does allow me to enable Sentry Mode, I did it briefly before disabling once again.

See images below:

IMG_5828.jpeg

IMG_5829.png

It would be cool to see the service staff working on my car after its returned from the shop on recorded video, but it feels a little like a privacy violation to enable it while its there. I mulled over the idea a few times, and in the end decided not to.

Thoughts?

Go ahead, try it. Watch your service take a few more weeks and they immediately turn off remote access

Thoughts?

Probably as cool as if your boss had a camera watching you at work don't you think?

Don’t see what you can accomplish with that. My car has been in for service a few times. Most of the times they unplugged the blackvue. There was a time when they didn’t but nothing interesting to see with the hood up.