Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried to Plasti-Dip spray front bumper instead of doing PPF ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching some videos of people spraying their Gemini wheels with black dip spray,
and searched and found they make a clear spray also. Further investigation revealed
that it should be used over a base of Plasti-Dip and not directly on the car (in my example).
They do make a white spray but there are tons of different shades of white and ours has
metallic so that would be difficult to match.
Just wondering...
I just don't feel like paying all that money to do PPF.
Your thoughts are welcome.

I think I saw a thread here or maybe on Reddit where the owner did this before a long road trip. They put down multiple layers and just peeled the plastidip off when they got home. I think it was a white car so matching was relatively easy, but I don't think it mattered all that much as they wanted it for protection.

Watching some videos of people spraying their Gemini wheels with black dip spray,
and searched and found they make a clear spray also. Further investigation revealed
that it should be used over a base of Plasti-Dip and not directly on the car (in my example).
They do make a white spray but there are tons of different shades of white and ours has
metallic so that would be difficult to match.
Just wondering...
I just don't feel like paying all that money to do PPF.
Your thoughts are welcome.