Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Tried/Used This Lowering Link?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wheels come off or you put the car on a lift for your access. There are links with a fixed length already from the factory. These are essentially replacements that tell the computer measurement a different story. So you turn these links to be shorter or longer and it cheats the system into thinking its riding at factory height.

The advantage to the brackets is that you will still get the full ride height without changing the travel distance on the air ride. So all of the ride comfort drive abilities will remain the same. With links you are compressing the suspension travel.

They cant void a warranty unless a part fails because of your modification. And, they need to prove it; not the other way around. This is law covered under the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act.

That said, I had the shop use the links on my S today. The links on the front of the X are longer than in the S. So unless they are purpose build for the X, they wont work. I ordered the Unplugged Performance Brackets so I dont have to mess around with it. The pictures that show the "after" installation are exactly the look I am wanting - made it easy...

Attachments

• IMG_2983.JPG
    IMG_2983.JPG
    611.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 4DXP