Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone used a scissors jack to replace a flat tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the tire (19") inflated there is only about 5.25 inches clearance. In order to provide stability I was planning on attaching the puck to the jack. The puck is almost 2" and the collapsed jack is almost 4". Not enough room even without the flat tire. I am considering one of those inflatable bag jacks.

I have an inflatable jack that I purchased for my VW R32. It's fairly heavy and quite big in size. Mine is meant to be filled from the exhaust, but can be filled with a schrader valve. It takes time to fill and the scissor jack I purchased is smaller, lighter and faster.

With the tire (19") inflated there is only about 5.25 inches clearance. In order to provide stability I was planning on attaching the puck to the jack. The puck is almost 2" and the collapsed jack is almost 4". Not enough room even without the flat tire. I am considering one of those inflatable bag jacks.
You could carry a piece of wood to drive onto, giving a little more room when placing your scissor jack. The Porsche scissor jacks alot of us use, fold real tight, so don't need alot of room. They also have a nub, so you don't need a puck.