Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garmin Tesla widget usage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works as advertised ... but just simple commands, as you have in your main tesla app screen.

IMG_1824.jpeg

Hi all! Has anyone tried out the tesla widget on a garmin fenix watch? it looks cool but Id like to hear from someone whos used it to make up my mind
Yes, on a hot run, I like that I can start the cooling of the car while I'm done and stretching. By the time I get to the car to leave its a refrigerator. I get it, my phone is on my arm, but something about a few button presses on the watch makes it perfect.

That's 80% on the lower left corner, it's my car battery level

I needed to fork the original watch face code and include code to poll my car's charge state. This doesn't wake the car so there is no extra battery drain and on the watch itself (Garmin Venu), it polls at 10 minutes interval so very little battery drain there too.

On a similar note, I modified the garmin-tesla widget to show lots of data as well as many extra features. These have been pushed to the owner's repo. I'm just waiting for them to be vetted in. My latest addition is being to able to set the front seat to Auto or manual heat.

Last edited:
Can anyone assist in getting this to install? The App is on my watch, I pull down on the face, I see the Tesla logo, then it says touch screen to connect. Am I touch the screen in the car? Under Bluetooth? Touch the screen of the watch just gives me the IQ! and nothing happens. Thanks for any assistance,.

I’d love to be able to open my trunk with my garmin watch. I‘m not completely sure this widget can do that. Maybe it was written before Model 3 SR’s had power trunks built in? And also, I can’t find any comprehensive instructions for installing the app. There seems to be some kind of complex authorization procedure that needs to be completed which I am unwilling to spend hours trial-and-erroring to figure out…

Can anyone assist in getting this to install? The App is on my watch, I pull down on the face, I see the Tesla logo, then it says touch screen to connect. Am I touch the screen in the car? Under Bluetooth? Touch the screen of the watch just gives me the IQ! and nothing happens. Thanks for any assistance,.

I'm getting this as well, IQ! logo instead of controls ..maybe paulobrien can help?