Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone valeted their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Valet mode works by giving the key card to the valet, and setting valet mode in the car (via smartphone or car screen). Bigger concern for all is body damage (bad parking), or not being able to drive the car properly (unfamiliarity with Tesla, or specifically Model 3 Tesla).

In L.A., hard not to valet. There are enough around that almost all valet know how to drive the 3. Not really concerned about card copying technology - can't be any easier than copying a fob or duplicating a key.

The only time I had an issue was the valet threw the card into the cupholder and the car locked when I walked away (even though I warned them that would happen).

Not yet, not ever. I do not valet, irrespective of what I'm driving. I've had more expensive cars, and I've had cheaper cars, and I've never trusted any of them to a valet. If the place I'm going is valet-only, I'll park elsewhere and walk or Uber back if need be.

There is one exception, though: Rental cars when I am traveling for business. I'm protected so many different ways in that scenario that I'll leave the car in someone else's hands.

Valet parking: For when you want the experience of giving your dumbass teenage child your car without supervision, without any of the ability to punish him when he screws up. Except worse because you now have to fight the valet's insurance company to get your car fixed properly.

I haven’t run into a valet situation yet, but when I do I plan on telling the valet attendant that I forgot my key card (a lie) and that they would need my phone to drive it so I’ll just park it myself.