TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Has anyone valeted their Model 3 yet?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by plasmo, Aug 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. plasmo

plasmo Member

Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences yet with valeting the Model 3 yet. Do you give your keycard to the valet guy? Any worry about future card copying technology with this?

2. David Haynes

David Haynes Member

Valet mode works by giving the key card to the valet, and setting valet mode in the car (via smartphone or car screen). Bigger concern for all is body damage (bad parking), or not being able to drive the car properly (unfamiliarity with Tesla, or specifically Model 3 Tesla).

3. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

I valeted my 3, the guy had no issues with my key card.

It was at the Tesla factory before the tour. :)

• Funny x 3
  4. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Member

I valet parked it other day at a destination hotel. Other then the guy geeking about it being a model 3 and saying he had to shuffle some other Tesla’s to give it a charge, nothing big.

5. TT97

TT97 Active Member

In L.A., hard not to valet. There are enough around that almost all valet know how to drive the 3. Not really concerned about card copying technology - can't be any easier than copying a fob or duplicating a key.

The only time I had an issue was the valet threw the card into the cupholder and the car locked when I walked away (even though I warned them that would happen).

6. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

Not yet, not ever. I do not valet, irrespective of what I'm driving. I've had more expensive cars, and I've had cheaper cars, and I've never trusted any of them to a valet. If the place I'm going is valet-only, I'll park elsewhere and walk or Uber back if need be.

There is one exception, though: Rental cars when I am traveling for business. I'm protected so many different ways in that scenario that I'll leave the car in someone else's hands.

Valet parking: For when you want the experience of giving your dumbass teenage child your car without supervision, without any of the ability to punish him when he screws up. Except worse because you now have to fight the valet's insurance company to get your car fixed properly.

7. myanontm

myanontm New Member

There is an information that the card key can not be duplicated.

8. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I haven’t run into a valet situation yet, but when I do I plan on telling the valet attendant that I forgot my key card (a lie) and that they would need my phone to drive it so I’ll just park it myself.