Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone who got the 2-4 week text gotten a VIN/delivery scheduled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got that text two weeks ago and today noticed the VIN in my source code.
The account page also switched to asking for the final payment before delivery.
However no one from Tesla has contacted me and I have received no further texts.
I'm in San Carlos, CA.

I got that text two weeks ago and today noticed the VIN in my source code.
The account page also switched to asking for the final payment before delivery.
However no one from Tesla has contacted me and I have received no further texts.
I'm in San Carlos, CA.

I should also add that I plan on delaying delivery for a few months if they will let me. Otherwise I will cancel and re-order. This will be my first Tesla, and I am already convinced I will love the car, but I don't have time for the QC issues. I don't mind panel gaps and paint chips etc, but the videos of loose headliners, faulty rear seats, and the more recent one here of water leaking through the headliner are a little too much. Between 3 young kids and a hectic work schedule, I don't have time to take the car back and forth to service appointments, . especially for something with a final bill of $70K. So although it saddens me to have to wait a little longer, I will do so under the hopes that things are maybe better in a few months when they arent rushing them out to meet Q2 goals. Of course I also realize that a few months most likely will make no difference at all, but seems like a better shot than buying/returning the car if issues come up.

Sunday afternoon, 6/21/20 got text delivery 6/23 to 6/25. Still no Vin. I look at View-Source but not sure where to look. Is it where the RN number is? Does Vin number replace the RN number?

Another question: We will have to take delivery at the Carlsbad center but my wife (it is her car) will not be able to schedule delivery until Saturday or Sunday (she still works). Will they allow me to come up to do inspection during the week? It is on my account but she will be on title.

Sunday afternoon, 6/21/20 got text delivery 6/23 to 6/25. Still no Vin. I look at View-Source but not sure where to look. Is it where the RN number is? Does Vin number replace the RN number?

Another question: We will have to take delivery at the Carlsbad center but my wife (it is her car) will not be able to schedule delivery until Saturday or Sunday (she still works). Will they allow me to come up to do inspection during the week? It is on my account but she will be on title.

When looking at the source just press CTRL + F to search the page, and then search for 5YJY if you have a vin, it will be selected.