Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Who Ordered the Tow Hitch Received a Vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing. I removed tow hitch from my order.
I called my delivery advisor and asked if adding the tow hitch a month ago is holding up my order - asked if he's seen any orders with tow hitches get delivered and he said no, he hadn't. He thought if I removed it I should have a VIN within a week, two at the most. I had him do that for me and now I'm back in wait mode. At least I've shaken things up a little and maybe this will do the trick! I'll update this post when the magic happens... :)

Reactions: vinny84
I am willing to remove the hitch now that there's the third party option.

Stupid question: how do I find my delivery advisor? I looked in my order page but I couldn't find any information about it. I'm not able to change my order online since I have all my paperwork filled out. Thx

Mind sharing the order date?

Also, how did you remove the hitch option? Did you call an SA?

I ordered in Feb 2020. AWD white the cheapest MY available. I added hitch when it first became available via online chat. I removed my hitch through online chat that is available on Tesla website. All modifications I made were through online chat. I didn’t talk to any live person on phone or anything.

• Informative
Reactions: dandrewk
Just a data point. I removed my tow hitch on Tuesday this week. On Thursday the same week, I received a delivery appointment for Saturday delivery at Fremont factory, VIN 10xxx.

Thanks for sharing. I removed tow hitch from my order.
We have two open orders. One has a tow hitch listed and one doesn't. We haven't received a call on either of those. Fortunately, we already have a Y with a self-installed tow hitch parked in the garage.

Tow hitch info as of today from Delivery Manager

"After talking to the technicians they all believe the tow hitch should be able to be added after the fact"
"After talking to headquarters...$1200 plus tax will be the cost to add post-delivery, but there is currently no ETA on when this will be available for installation"

Another email from Delivery Manager

"Based on the fact that we haven’t received any Model Y’s with the tow hitch I would say removing it would be best for a quicker delivery."

He is removing the tow hitch from my order and then I will have it put on after delivery when available.

@MPM25 Thanks for sharing.

I have asked for the removal of my hitch as well via chat.

For those trying to figure out how to get to the Tesla chat, it is just a real pain to get to it. You have to go to the support page (Tesla SSO – Login) and select a combo of topics that will get your there. I used Account and Ownership Support, then Billing, click Submit, then click that you need more help. The chat staff was super fast and to the point.

Another email from Delivery Manager

"Based on the fact that we haven’t received any Model Y’s with the tow hitch I would say removing it would be best for a quicker delivery."

He is removing the tow hitch from my order and then I will have it put on after delivery when available.

@MPM25 Thanks for sharing.

I have asked for the removal of my hitch as well via chat.

For those trying to figure out how to get to the Tesla chat, it is just a real pain to get to it. You have to go to the support page (Tesla SSO – Login) and select a combo of topics that will get your there. I used Account and Ownership Support, then Billing, click Submit, then click that you need more help. The chat staff was super fast and to the point.
Or you can just go to the Model Y order page - chat box bottom right.

I just spoke with a delivery advisor. She said orders with tow hitch are not delayed. I ordered white/white, 19'', tow hitch, no FSD on 01/29. I was told to expect delivery in June. No vin yet though.

Same here, I received a text from Tesla on the 22nd which said:

Tesla Update: Model Y production has resumed at the Fremont factory and deliveries have begun.

Model Y deliveries are prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account on a first come, first served basis. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete Registration, Trade-in and Payment Method.

We currently expect a mid-to-late June delivery for those customers who have submitted all items by May 31st.

For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday or reply to this text.

To date, no VIN... :(

Via the Inside Delivery Support email: (a few minutes ago)

"At this time, we do not have insight as to when our factory will be producing vehicles with the tow hitch.
If you would like to remove the tow hitch to receive delivery sooner, please reply to confirm."

I removed it. Also seeing that Tesla Model Y Design site has Estimated Delivery: 4-8 weeks.

upload_2020-5-29_19-39-22.png

Reactions: Drw1214