Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Who Ordered the Tow Hitch Received a Vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called "inside delivery" team in Las Vegas and asked about my order, placed last July and updated for the hitch. I got the standard reply, basically nothing yet. I then asked if the hitch delays anything. He said "no, don't think that removing the hitch speeds up your delivery. I personally have customers who ordered the hitch and have taken delivery. The order in which reservations are being filled are all over the place since the plant reopened."

Just got this text.

Ordered 5/23
LR AWD, Blue, 20” wheels, TH, no PUP, no FSD

Attachments

• 474125F2-2B11-47EA-B9A5-539F4FB9C9B6.jpeg
    474125F2-2B11-47EA-B9A5-539F4FB9C9B6.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 70
Just got the same text as well. The thing is that I asked for the hitch to be removed, but my account config still shows a hitch. I do not mind either way, but it is hard for me to say which one I am getting. I'll guess for now that I may get the hitch. Fingers crossed.

MY, LR AWD, blue/black, 19" wheels, FSD

Here is the text message:
Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Just got the same text as well. The thing is that I asked for the hitch to be removed, but my account config still shows a hitch. I do not mind either way, but it is hard for me to say which one I am getting. I'll guess for now that I may get the hitch. Fingers crossed.

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Same thing happened to me. I spoke with Tesla chat this morning to remove the hitch and they confirmed they'd work on it. Got the same text about an hour ago. My account still shows the hitch, so I don't know what I'm getting at this point, or if removing the hitch led to my delivery text today. *shrug*

Hi all,

I was wondering did anyone that elected for factory tow hitch received delivery notification? I just want to make sure tow hitch is not delaying my order.
Thanks.

Off the top of my head, we ordered in April, added the tow hitch in May and today we got the text "will be ready for delivery in 2-4 weeks."

Just in time for the end of 2nd quarter. Hope is not a reject...

I just checked and I now have a VIN in source. I checked today around mid day and did not have one. Looks to me like the text goes out once a VIN is assigned. Configuration still shows a hitch. I'll take it.

Vin is ....LF011685

I asked for my hitch to be removed yesterday after a rep told me that "none were being produced" and that I should remove it if I want delivery sooner. Clearly, this is not true. Today I got the same text as everyone else about 2-4 weeks to delivery. At the time of the text my account had not yet been updated to reflect the removal of the tow hitch, but my order was updated a couple of hours later... So...I guess no hitch now?

I just checked and I now have a VIN in source. I checked today around mid day and did not have one. Looks to me like the text goes out once a VIN is assigned. Configuration still shows a hitch. I'll take it.

Vin is ....LF011685

Not for me so far. But then, I'd expect locations further away from Fremont to get VINs assigned and orders shipped sooner than West Coast.