Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Anyone Who Ordered the Tow Hitch Received a Vin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a DM/LR white/black, 19", FSD, tow hitch on order. I talked with someone at Tesla before adding to tow hitch to make sure it wouldn't change my place in line and he told me minor stuff like that does not, only major like switching to a performance version would have an effect. He said the tow hitch is installed at the service center before delivery.

What does the VIN number look like in the source code, and what page do I check?

I have a DM/LR white/black, 19", FSD, tow hitch on order. I talked with someone at Tesla before adding to tow hitch to make sure it wouldn't change my place in line and he told me minor stuff like that does not, only major like switching to a performance version would have an effect. He said the tow hitch is installed at the service center before delivery.

What does the VIN number look like in the source code, and what page do I check?
Click on "Manage" next to your car. On THAT page, right click, "view source code" and then press cntrl & "F" together to bring up the "Find" box. Type in "5YJY" which is the first four positions of the VIN. If it finds your VIN, you'll know it. We got official notification very soon after finding out VIN. Good Luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: NY_Rob
Got my VIN 116XX MY LR +Wht/Blk/TH/FSD/19" wheels

Talked to service center yesterday and they said it wasn't build (pre-production) scheduled to be build in 7-10 days.

The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement says odometer reading 15 miles. Does anyone know if this is a default setting or break-in mileage when it is built?

Got my VIN 116XX MY LR +Wht/Blk/TH/FSD/19" wheels

Talked to service center yesterday and they said it wasn't build (pre-production) scheduled to be build in 7-10 days.

The Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement says odometer reading 15 miles. Does anyone know if this is a default setting or break-in mileage when it is built?
They all say 15 miles... What they arrive with is typically less.

Reactions: player13