Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone with a 98 gotten FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been at 98 for a while now and still nothing. Worse than that, I've been stuck on 32.22 since September. I'm not sure if I'm being held there with the intention to move to FSD beta build or something else is going on (like the car is stuck on that build and failing to update?)
Like you with 32.22 was at 98 for weeks. Around 11/10 I went to 99. I received FSD on 11/23. Keep the faith!

Reactions: K5TRX and DanCar
Stuck at 98. Getting very frustrated. Achieving zeros on everything except following distance. Maybe an occasional less than 1% for hard braking. Drive to downtown Philly everyday mostly on two expressways. Try to use autopilot as much as possible as I understand that is not accounted for in scoring. Not sure I believe it. Constantly have cars cutting in front of me due to the “safe” gap in front of me. When off auto pilot rarely do I get within 3 seconds of the car ahead of me unless someone cuts in front of me. Roads are warn. Painted lines are typically not clear so autopilot gets confused and either disengages or I have to take over to not get killed by other drivers. Although the last few days I have been getting a daily score of 99 or 100 I’m still at 98. Assume I am still getting hurt by my first day at 97% due not understanding how sensitive the scoring really is. Been on the safety score since 11/26. Has anyone had any success pleading your case via the FDS email address? Only been on it for a week. Am I being impatient? I would just like to drive normal again. Rarely an aggressive driver but I will eventually get killed driving ultra conservatively on two highway leading into Philadelphia. Our reputation precedes ourselves. Just want the Beta so I can do my part in advancing the technology and get on with normal driving.

You're definitely being held there on purpose. Some folks moved to 36.5.1 (I did) and some others didn't. Also, as far as I know, no 98s have really gotten it yet other than some spotty people who perhaps were at 99 when Tesla took their snapshot.

It's been about 6 days since the last rollout, so I think that either they changed their minds on 98s or something happened because 10.6 should come out this weekend (if they stick to the 2 week cycle) and we've heard nothing about that either.

Yeah that is what I feared. I don't think i'll get to 99 any time soon. Had a 100 mile drive and got 97 because it was heavy traffic and raining so hard that autopilot had trouble keeping engaged or making lane changes, so i had to manually disengage several times while relatively close to someone in front. I'll have to cross my fingers that Elon will stick to his word of reducing the requirement by 1 every week (fat chance that happens now). At this point shouldn't we be down at people with 90 points getting it?

Yeah that is what I feared. I don't think i'll get to 99 any time soon. Had a 100 mile drive and got 97 because it was heavy traffic and raining so hard that autopilot had trouble keeping engaged or making lane changes, so i had to manually disengage several times while relatively close to someone in front. I'll have to cross my fingers that Elon will stick to his word of reducing the requirement by 1 every week (fat chance that happens now). At this point shouldn't we be down at people with 90 points getting it?
I learned that being close to the car in front in autopilot still dings you. I set my following distance to 6 cars and problem solved. Autopilot engaged or not didn't make a difference.... setting the distance did.

I learned that being close to the car in front in autopilot still dings you. I set my following distance to 6 cars and problem solved. Autopilot engaged or not didn't make a difference.... setting the distance did.
I thought that was debunked, and what was actually happening was people getting dinged on the on\off ramp >50mph but before engaging autopilot.

Edit: I'm usually at 4, and I find this build is VERY lazy at maintaining that distance anyway, so it is pretty often a further distance than 4.

I posted a while ago when my score was on 97...then 98 & then 99. The FSD version out at the time was 10.4
Waited & waited for 10.5 & finally sold my model 3, the week before Thanksgiving & here we are on 10.6 & people are still waiting.

I don't own a Tesla or any car anymore, but keep an eye on teslafi now & then & its interesting they moved people wholesale to 2021.40.6, so it looks like a whole slew of people on 98 simply got ignored & are now waiting for 10.6

If this keeps up for a few more rev's you will have a lot of disillusioned people simply getting strung along, hoping to get on the beta & that point might as well drive normally than risk your car, driving like grandad/grandma......... I had a few people get mad at me when I trying to get my score up a few weeks ago :)

Tesla needs better communication on their rollout

I expect I'll probably jump back in whenever I get to buying a Model Y sometime next year.

I have been stuck at 98 forever given that I had one real bad day about a month ago (yes, I just forgot to reboot my car that day or would have been closer to 100 by now). I hope to get my 67 erased in two days and become FSD candidate soon after. This is like applying for parole (wild, isn’t it). At some point, Elon said they consider your records for last 100 miles. If 100, you get it. But I guess he never implemented that.

At some point, Elon said they consider your records for last 100 miles. If 100, you get it. But I guess he never implemented that.
I don't think that was ever said. I think it was just that you needed a minimum of 100 miles before your score is valid. It is a 30 day rolling window, not a 100 mile rolling window. I'm not sure what happens if you drive less than 100 miles a month though... Does that counted milage also roll out of the window after 30 days?