Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone with a Model S gotten Sentry Live View?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021.36.8 promises Sentry Live View to all cars with MCU2 and HW2.5+ but it only seems to be going out to MY and M3 cars. Cars without the external speaker would be limited to viewing only (no external speaker), but should otherwise work - this from the release notes on Not A Tesla App.

I have received the FSD Beta 2021.36.8.8 and Live View is not there, but often FSD Beta vehicles run late on the newest features and take a while to catch up, Live View is limited to M3 & MY in the release notes. But what about the rest of the fleet that are not M3 or MY models?

This is not an issue with app upgrades or premium connectivity - you can have all of that and still no MS or MX seem to have gotten the upgrade yet.

So far it seems there a lot of issues...?

2021.36.8.6 (FSD Beta 10.4) installed yesterday on my Model S Plaid. I have live view sentry mode working on my car. I think this beta version seems restricted to refresh S's (Plaid & LR) based on the numbers and info on TeslaFi. I don't think there is a 2021.36.8.8 out there - at least not yet (based on info in both TeslaFi and Teslascope).

I have 8.6 on my Plaid and it's there, although I cannot get the microphone feature to work. I have mic access allowed for the Tesla app on my phone but no go. When I press the mic icon in the app it turns blue but no sound from the car. I know the ext speaker works since I have the UFO sound in reverse.

Just checking in on this topic, anyone heard anything or confirmation it’s never coming to “legacy” model S cars?
No update. Highly doubt there will be any for the foreseeable future. Right now, hopefully, Tesla is doing Triage on v11. If we have any chance of getting this feature, it will likely be AFTER Tesla has finished re-tooling v11.

Just guesses on my part, no idea really.