Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone with a Plaid Reservation Received a VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Muzzman1

Feb 8, 2014
Los Angeles
I was a Battery Day reservation holder for the plaid +, and since the day it was cancelled, I became a plaid reservation holder. I was told by operations that I was one of the 1st to order the car so I will be close to the front of the line.
I was also told by him that Carbon Fiber decor which I have on order is causing delays, along with White interiors. Anyone else hear this?
That being said, has anyone received a VIN that might be in the same boat as me?

Can't answer the VIN question, but white leather and carbon fiber both push the date from June to August on the custom order page.
Im hoping that my account page is accurate and I was able to sneak in before they ran out of CF trim.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.37.55 AM.png

Bumping here.....has anyone heard a word about taking delivery of their plaid? I was told that it still looks like June.
At one point my account page mentioned June 21-27. Now it does not mention a date.
Anyone else seeing anything?
Can you tell that Im antsy and want my car 🤣

Bumping here.....has anyone heard a word about taking delivery of their plaid? I was told that it still looks like June.
At one point my account page mentioned June 21-27. Now it does not mention a date.
Also a Plaid+ cancelled reservation and no VIN either. They told me it would be August since the delay is with the white seat option…

I just got a call that my S Plaid is in and is being prepared for delivery! A surprise for sure. I checked the web page and a VIN has appeared. They have to do inspection and prep, but I should have the car in a few days. Midnight Silver. Cream/Walnut interior. Arachnid 21"wheels. All options.

I just got a call that my S Plaid is in and is being prepared for delivery! A surprise for sure. I checked the web page and a VIN has appeared. They have to do inspection and prep, but I should have the car in a few days. Midnight Silver. Cream/Walnut interior. Arachnid 21"wheels. All options.
Delivery had been scheduled for today as I was out of town on business. I got a call yesterday that delivery was delayed due to several cosmetic defect issues that needed repair and "there is no new timeline for delivery yet." Meanwhile I had paid the balance due two days ago.... They have my money and I have no car! Hopefully soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Drew-MS
Delivery had been scheduled for today as I was out of town on business. I got a call yesterday that delivery was delayed due to several cosmetic defect issues that needed repair and "there is no new timeline for delivery yet." Meanwhile I had paid the balance due two days ago.... They have my money and I have no car! Hopefully soon.
Damnnn sorry to hear that. Sounds very frustrating.

Reactions: Muzzman1
I was a Battery Day reservation holder for the plaid +, and since the day it was cancelled, I became a plaid reservation holder. I was told by operations that I was one of the 1st to order the car so I will be close to the front of the line.
I was also told by him that Carbon Fiber decor which I have on order is causing delays, along with White interiors. Anyone else hear this?
That being said, has anyone received a VIN that might be in the same boat as me?
Yes. I got a call to ask if I would switch to wood panel as carbon fiber was delayed. I did and got the car yesterday. You still get the carbon fiber spoiler!

They jerked around the dates mercilessly, and at one point, I had a delivery date and hour on June 28 - but it didn't happen. Then they said June 30, and I couldn't get any further information about if or when it would be delivered. We came back from dinner and the locked car was on our driveway in the middle, blocking access to both garages. And I had no key and no idea how unlock it. That's what I call great customer service!

They jerked around the dates mercilessly, and at one point, I had a delivery date and hour on June 28 - but it didn't happen. Then they said June 30, and I couldn't get any further information about if or when it would be delivered. We came back from dinner and the locked car was on our driveway in the middle, blocking access to both garages. And I had no key and no idea how unlock it. That's what I call great customer service!
Wow, they REALLY suck at communication. BAD!

Have you received your VIN yet? I'm in that boat, was very early to purchase and was told the same thing. Still no ViN as of today, our config starts production in AUG per my Tesla rep?