Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone with LightHarmonic Amp upgraded to MCU2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you that had LH "repair" the amp for MCU2, do you know what exactly they did, because I believe I might have better luck performing the modification myself that getting a useful response from them based on their track record.

For those of you that had LH "repair" the amp for MCU2, do you know what exactly they did, because I believe I might have better luck performing the modification myself that getting a useful response from them based on their track record.

Mine was the first to be fixed for MCU2 and involved an onsite repair by LH. The “fix” for my amp involved removing a couple of tiny internal components (could have been SMD capacitors - not sure though) from the amp board and soldering new replacements with different specs. They tried several different ones before finding the best specs for the MCU2. Unfortunately, I don’t know the details beyond that. LH wrote down exactly what they changed so they could apply it to amps other than mine.

Mine was the first to be fixed for MCU2 and involved an onsite repair by LH. The “fix” for my amp involved removing a couple of tiny internal components (could have been SMD capacitors - not sure though) from the amp board and soldering new replacements with different specs. They tried several different ones before finding the best specs for the MCU2. Unfortunately, I don’t know the details beyond that. LH wrote down exactly what they changed so they could apply it to amps other than mine.
Thanks for that info. Now if I could only get them to answer and email or a phone call. I would be willing to buy a whole new amp with this mod! Do you happen to have any contact info for them?