Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Donald Trump ever been in the Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Donald Trump has never been in a Tesla or experienced the Tesla grin, I think it would be fantastic if Elon musk himself would invite him for a test drive. That, and perhaps a personal tour of one of the factories and a demonstration of the rooftop solar tiles.

Given Trump's affection for real estate, job growth and made in America, it could be a productive approach and a win-win result.

Reactions: hpartsch
I did not realize Trump was a car guy at all, especially now as he would have very little time to interact with his car collection. That said, if he had not been in a new model Tesla, and only experienced the roadster, an offer for a short test drive in a P100DL would be a nice gesture,

Anyone else think this article has zero credibility?

I guess whether he really owns those cars still or ever did is immaterial. Given that Elon was in the White House again today, and was invited back again next month, and then quarterly after that makes my suggestion somewhat moot as well.

I'm sure if Elon thought it was appropriate to offer a ride, or if Trump had any interested in experiencing the new model they have plenty of time to figure that out.

Quoted for historical reasons. Will revisit in four years.

.... if this trend continues......

I often get the feeling reading some of the posts on this website that people here think Trump is anti-Tesla and anti-solar/renewable. I do not know for sure, but it does not appear that way to me.

He's opposed to internalizing the external costs of fools fuel => He favors continuing the absurd fools fuel subsidies. That's a distinction without a difference.

Reactions: RichardC