TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Has EU production started?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DonPedro, Jun 4, 2013.

1. DonPedro

DonPedro Member

Official Word has been that EU production will start in June. Please post here if you have more specific info. Has it started? Have the first EU cars rolled out of the factory? Any particular challenges in switching to EU production?

2. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

3. Volker.Berlin

Volker.Berlin Member

At least I have definitive information that the Model S type approval for Europe is now complete (has been completed one our two weeks ago).

4. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

So we will get a picture of the Type 2 inlet shortly? ;)

5. nikwest

nikwest Member

As far as I can tell it's all Signature colors, which would suggest that they are customer cars. Actually the black one could be mine ;-)

But the back lights aren't any different to the US version, if I'm not mistaken.

6. Jeroens

Jeroens Member

look like MC-Red to me, so no signature(s). Suggests Demo/Show cars...

7. ManuVince

ManuVince Member

+1
    The fact that there is nothing published about that worries me. But hey if the vehicle is approved, then the design of the inlet and onboard charge must be complete. Maybe Tesla Motors is too busy with all their announcement to communicate with us annoying Europeans.

8. linaser

linaser Member

+1

I think that there's a complete communications breakdown between the Tesla headquarters and the EU-customer service. A few days ago I asked them the simple question, if there will be a CEE 3x32A EVSE shipped with the car or if I should get one from somewhere else (I think about getting the mobile version of the crOhm EVSE1M40 ). But they're unable to tell me, because they don't have any final information. They even can't tell me for sure, if the double-charger version will support 3x32A (22kW) or 3x63A (43kW).

If they're serious with their goal, to start delivering to european customers next month they should at least know things like that.

9. maxbafh

maxbafh Member

I hope the on the truck spotted cars are all demo cars, because they have all the US license plate holder mounted. In case you put an european license plate on the back of the car you most certainly will get an unaesthetic screw. (As shown in the picture, source: focus online video)

ModelSSchraube.png