Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has everyone received the lastest software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sant Elon Came? Santa Elon came!

Woke up this AM to a notification that a new software update was available. Went to the car to see this:

My 10 year old noted that the car has either become a submarine, or the Elves have a spelling problem, since we are told that we cannot "dive" the vehicle for 1:40... Interestingly the update screen had the same spelling error...
IMG_0050.jpeg
IMG_0051.jpeg

Just updated to 2.50.180, and looks like the driver fob profile setup is no longer there. Does anyone else see the fob setup in the profile settings? The release notes says it is included.

Update: Found that I needed to lock/unlock the car first to see the fob setting for a new profile.

Last edited:
Sant Elon Came? Santa Elon came!

Woke up this AM to a notification that a new software update was available. Went to the car to see this:

My 10 year old noted that the car has either become a submarine, or the Elves have a spelling problem, since we are told that we cannot "dive" the vehicle for 1:40... Interestingly the update screen had the same spelling error...View attachment 207701 View attachment 207705

Do you have the 007 code activated? If you entered it, and never entered it again to disable it, it will say dive instead of drive.

Welcome to the Teslaverse where there seems to be no pattern to who gets updated with what when. :)

There appears to be no way of "forcing" an update at home. It is possible to get updates from a service center but that's only *supposed* to happen when the car is in for some other reason.

The car I picked up new earlier this week was 4 releases behind the current version (it updated on wifi last night).

BTW, I just checked the list of releases at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App and I don't see 2.44.96 listed. Are you sure that's the version in your car?
Indeed it was 2.44.96, but I received the 2.50.180 this morning, so I'm a happy camper. Auto lights seem to still stay on in daylight for me, although I've only gone on one drive today.

It also added Speed Limit and side collision warning to dash, which wasn't listed in the release notes.

I also got the 2.50.180 this afternoon, it adds some other features, beyond Speed Assist like:
  • Auto low beam headlights
  • Auto high beam headlights
  • Auto-dimming touchscreen B instrument cluster
  • Side collision warning.
Same as 2.50.114 and 2.50.178

2.50.180 was pushed to my car on Friday afternoon and we went to dinner that evening. My headlights did not auto switch between low and high so perhaps I need to go into that section and see if there's an option to enable? FWIW, auto on/off headlights, auto dimming touchscreen, and side collision warning was added to my car with 2.48.204.

Reactions: hillestadk