Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has everyone received the lastest software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The update that added the repeated nag when you're left plugged in at a supercharger after fully charged?

(My car got the update while in the service, and I had to call them to have them unplug the car as I was getting a message every five minutes.)

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and Sather
The update that added the repeated nag when you're left plugged in at a supercharger after fully charged?

(My car got the update while in the service, and I had to call them to have them unplug the car as I was getting a message every five minutes.)
I am referring to MS with the new AP hardware. Some basic features were turned off and the latest SW update reenabled them.

Reactions: GeekfromFRL
You should reference a specific software version. You can see how many folks have gotten updates over at http://ev-fw.com/tracker.php . Keep in mind that most OTAs only go to a fairly small subset of cars. The big ones that do hit all the cars typically take a few weeks to fully roll out. Those updates will usually show in the ~400+ range on ev-fw. The last fleet wide update 2.42.40.

Anyone not get the latest software update from a few days ago(or maybe late last week)?
The answer to your question, regardless of the update, will almost always be yes. Updates are rolled out slowly (except for the rare critical safety updates, I can think of only two in more than three years) and not every build is intended for every car. Even for the builds with widespread release, usually a new one is out before everyone gets the previous one.

I'll also put in a plug for the firmware tracker ev-fw.com. The more people who enter their updates, the more useful the site is for everyone.

Reactions: jgs
The answer to your question, regardless of the update, will almost always be yes. Updates are rolled out slowly (except for the rare critical safety updates, I can think of only two in more than three years) and not every build is intended for every car. Even for the builds with widespread release, usually a new one is out before everyone gets the previous one.

I'll also put in a plug for the firmware tracker ev-fw.com. The more people who enter their updates, the more useful the site is for everyone.
Thanks for the info. I just got the car this week so I'm trying to figure out how all this works. I will check out the tracker website.

You should reference a specific software version. You can see how many folks have gotten updates over at http://ev-fw.com/tracker.php . Keep in mind that most OTAs only go to a fairly small subset of cars. The big ones that do hit all the cars typically take a few weeks to fully roll out. Those updates will usually show in the ~400+ range on ev-fw. The last fleet wide update 2.42.40.
Where can I find the release notes for the updates?