Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has everyone's streaming audio been spotty lately or is it just me?

RNHurt

Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
One of the most loved features of my MY is the streaming audio. I love being able to think about a song and then request it! Lately (the past couple of weeks) I've been getting a lot of pauses and failure to play a song. With the latest firmware upgrade it's even starting to skip to the next song after playing 30 seconds or so.

Is the connectivity in my area bad or is everyone seeing this? Maybe it's the holidays and more people are streaming and overloading the system? Maybe my car is having hardware troubles? Or maybe I just need to reboot the display (or the whole car).

Mike_TV

Apr 29, 2020
Chicagoland
Noticed the same thing. It was really bad earlier this summer, then got really good with all of the updates, and now with the latest update streaming stops or doesn't resume. Switching to the FM radio and back to steaming sometimes works. Other times, I start playing music from USB and just forget about it...find out that streaming starts working on a later drive.

Seems that the constant software updates have this side effect.

Reactions: RNHurt
Oct 11, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm having the same issue over the last week or so. I'll be 10-30 second in to a song and it will skip to a different song.

I didn't realize you could request a song - I'll have to give that a try. That would be amazing! Do you do that by using the scroll wheel to search?

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
I've had my 2021 MY for a little less than a month, but since the newest update the news channels I listen to on tune in can take 15-20 seconds (or more - I give up) to load now, and sometimes even when they do load they have a poor connection. My stations worked seamlessly before the update and connected within a second or so. Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem; hopefully they'll get this fixed soon.

BDC62

Sep 17, 2020
Florida
I noticed the same thing earlier today. It would skip songs and finally stopped working, citing possible network issues. I used the radio mode for about 10 minutes, and returned to the streaming audio. It worked fine afterwards for the duration of my drive.

RNHurt

Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
Well, I'm sad that it's happening but I'm happy it's not a problem with my car. Maybe a future update will get it back to where it was over the summer.

Thanx!

meh_

Oct 26, 2020
NJ
Same here. I've had it skip to another spotify podcast episode from the same channel and recently its taken a long time for postify to load for the first time. So much so that I've found if I go into careoke then go back it seems to load faster.

TsunamY

Dec 3, 2020
Alameda
I had some issues with Streaming. The play button would be grey and unusable. I would have to forward to the next song to get it to work. Since you can’t go back to replay the previous song, your out of luck. I’ve had this issue off and on. If it gets stuck I usually jump to radio or Spotify just to hear something.

techmagnetic

Sep 29, 2020
Boston
Yeah drops out a fair amount and the cell signal the car gets never seems very strong (vs my Pixel 5 which is fine). Coming from SiriusXM, the drops are definitely more frequent.

Smitty22211

Nov 12, 2020
So Cal
I had some issues with Streaming. The play button would be grey and unusable. I would have to forward to the next song to get it to work. Since you can’t go back to replay the previous song, your out of luck. I’ve had this issue off and on. If it gets stuck I usually jump to radio or Spotify just to hear something.
same here with streaming.

Genedr

Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Had the same issue, with streaming not even connecting for long periods, and if it did it would often drop. The FM radio worked, mostly. Scroll button reset didn't help nor did the latest software update 2020.48.10. I scheduled a SC appt, but a tech reached out by msg and eventually sent a "software patch." I don't know what the patch identifier is, but it worked. So might be a path to get fixed.

RNHurt

Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
Well, after the 2020.48.26 and 2020.48.30 updates it seems like it might be fixed or at least I am no longer noticing the problem. I wonder if they fixed something with the update or if the network traffic is lower after the holidays. Hmmmm....

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC