Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has everyone's streaming audio been spotty lately or is it just me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the problem seems very random. Sometimes everything works perfectly, other times I can't listen to any music because of a "Connectivity Error", or it skips to another song in the middle of the song I was enjoying. Very frustrating.

I guess the silver lining is that it can be fixed by an OTA update. I'm so very happy that we don't have to go to the "dealer" to have these issues fixed, like on other cars. :)

Noticing the same thing for the past few weeks with Slacker. I just started paying extra each month (after my 'free' year) for the premium connectivity. Not happy with it so far. Glad to hear it's a known issue, hope they fix it soon.

Reactions: RNHurt
TuneIn and Spotify both drop on me at random times and are unusable. I am having Tesla mobile to come out and look at this. I suggest anyone having this problem do the same so that Tesla realizes we expect it to be fixed. It's embarrassing to even try using any streaming source with others in the car as it makes the Tesla look like garbage.

OK Tesla Mobile was out this morning. The technician told me that this was a known issue and would be addressed in a firmware update. He also said that engineering was working on it. So that is a good answer, although in my case the issue has been going on for some time -- hopefully this is the same issue they are working on.

• Informative
Tesla knows about the issue, I am a bit surprised that they have not broadcasted it so the SCs. Why would they still be sending out mobile techs?
I am on ver 2021.32.21 (3rd load in 2 weeks.)
For the last 2 days of being on this new ver (only maybe 60 minutes of driving) I have not had any skipping or "connectivity" errors.
None of the last 3 release notes listed any bug fixes though.

Tesla knows about the issue, I am a bit surprised that they have not broadcasted it so the SCs. Why would they still be sending out mobile techs?
I am on ver 2021.32.21 (3rd load in 2 weeks.)
For the last 2 days of being on this new ver (only maybe 60 minutes of driving) I have not had any skipping or "connectivity" errors.
None of the last 3 release notes listed any bug fixes though.
I may have spoken a bit prematurely...I do not have skipping songs anymore, and I do not get the "Connectivity" error message anymore either, but sporaciaclly I do still get where a song will end, and the next will not load. So I just hit the "next" button and it goes to the next song and starts playing again.