Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has everyone's streaming audio been spotty lately or is it just me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
One of the most loved features of my MY is the streaming audio. I love being able to think about a song and then request it! Lately (the past couple of weeks) I've been getting a lot of pauses and failure to play a song. With the latest firmware upgrade it's even starting to skip to the next song after playing 30 seconds or so.

Is the connectivity in my area bad or is everyone seeing this? Maybe it's the holidays and more people are streaming and overloading the system? Maybe my car is having hardware troubles? Or maybe I just need to reboot the display (or the whole car).

Noticed the same thing. It was really bad earlier this summer, then got really good with all of the updates, and now with the latest update streaming stops or doesn't resume. Switching to the FM radio and back to steaming sometimes works. Other times, I start playing music from USB and just forget about it...find out that streaming starts working on a later drive.

Seems that the constant software updates have this side effect.

Reactions: RNHurt
I've had my 2021 MY for a little less than a month, but since the newest update the news channels I listen to on tune in can take 15-20 seconds (or more - I give up) to load now, and sometimes even when they do load they have a poor connection. My stations worked seamlessly before the update and connected within a second or so. Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem; hopefully they'll get this fixed soon.

I noticed the same thing earlier today. It would skip songs and finally stopped working, citing possible network issues. I used the radio mode for about 10 minutes, and returned to the streaming audio. It worked fine afterwards for the duration of my drive.

Same here. I've had it skip to another spotify podcast episode from the same channel and recently its taken a long time for postify to load for the first time. So much so that I've found if I go into careoke then go back it seems to load faster.

I had some issues with Streaming. The play button would be grey and unusable. I would have to forward to the next song to get it to work. Since you can’t go back to replay the previous song, your out of luck. I’ve had this issue off and on. If it gets stuck I usually jump to radio or Spotify just to hear something.

Had the same issue, with streaming not even connecting for long periods, and if it did it would often drop. The FM radio worked, mostly. Scroll button reset didn't help nor did the latest software update 2020.48.10. I scheduled a SC appt, but a tech reached out by msg and eventually sent a "software patch." I don't know what the patch identifier is, but it worked. So might be a path to get fixed.

Well, after the 2020.48.26 and 2020.48.30 updates it seems like it might be fixed or at least I am no longer noticing the problem. I wonder if they fixed something with the update or if the network traffic is lower after the holidays. Hmmmm....

I am having this issue with my 2012 Sig upgraded to the MCU2.
The first few months - no issues - everything great.
But the last month...all the issues mentioned.
It started randomly, periodically.
But now, the songs skip almost every other song. Or I get the "connectivity error"
The whole time I am having 3+ bars on LTE.

Frustrating.

Since there does not seem to be a consolidated thread for the audio skipping OR connectivity issues that appear to span all models (at least not one that I know of) I will post here too.
I scheduled a mobile appt for this Thurs.
The local SC Mgr just reached out to me and let me know that this is a known issue. No ECD for a fix yet.

Happens to me everyday for the past 2 weeks. Ever since the 2021.24 series of updates. Podcasts will suddenly load up a different episode. Streaming audio will skip tracks abruptly. It works horribly lately. Makes my Spotify account useless. It’s also worth noting that large playlists and cross fading between tracks don’t work in the native Spotify telsa app.

Reactions: meh_