Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Model S quality improved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeahhhhh, no. If you simply looked at my profile which I started over a year ago literally the first 2 or 3 pages (of 5 total!) was asking questions about the car, or where to find more info. Secondly, if you were even paying attention instead of writing some 5 paragraph word salad you would KNOW I made multiple attempts to purchase one, but they couldn't answer the simplest of questions, never responded to looking for even a CPO model and never even called me back! But sure, maybe I should simply handwave all that away for a $110k vehicle (Model X 100d) and just 'hope' the ownership experience changes, lol! Now lo and behold there are countless articles and even the CEO acknowledging they need to change with regards to their customer service, but yeah I'm the troll HAHAHAHA!!!!!

But then again responses like yours aren't even surprising, if someone either agrees or states something negative about something you like immediately they are " a troll" or have some hidden agenda. But then when you bitch about literally the same exact thing it's somehow "different", like "well, I can call my sister a bitch but you can't!"

I think most reasonable people that had your "experience" would just write off the company and move on. What compels you to linger here?

I also stand by my post, you implied that one day I would bitch about the things you were writing about but I have a 7 year history of no such behavior. And everything you sighted as evidence for your "beliefs" is still just second hand talk.

I also have no history of bashing someone who has had an issue with a Tesla. You do not refute what I am saying but you make accusations based on a belief and assumptions.

You are a troll as you offer nothing but negativity for a product you aren't going to buy. So I'll ask you again, why are you hanging out on a Tesla board?

Reactions: SO16 and PWlakewood
I think the problem here is a failure to recognize the known systemic failure of customer service by members of the community who have not had to experience the systemic failures. Although *you* have had wonderful experiences with the broken system, it is illogical to assume that this is the statistical norm. It is simply not feasible. Motivated owners have come here to sound the alarm, like that German soldier who looked out over the English Channel that June morning...

Lol. Ok sure you hate tesla we all get it. You win! Point proven. Your experience and expectations are what everyone should expect. I concede. Were all suckers for buying tesla vehicles. Shame on us.

You can type what you want and call people names all you want but the fact remains tesla is still around, still selling cars, still stealing customers from all the inferior competition and they will continue to do it and you can whine and stomp your feet even louder and it wont stop tesla.

Good luck with your perfect, flawless, issueless, slower, less rangier, whatever it is you get. :rolleyes:
I'm sure there is a support group somewhere for a person like you.

I think the problem here is a failure to recognize the known systemic failure of customer service by members of the community who have not had to experience the systemic failures. Although *you* have had wonderful experiences with the broken system, it is illogical to assume that this is the statistical norm. It is simply not feasible. Motivated owners have come here to sound the alarm, like that German soldier who looked out over the English Channel that June morning...
And motivated owners who have had good experiences also come here....if you read the thread you would see the main person sounding the so called alarm doesnt even own a tesla. I have acknowledged it so many f ing times that there are issues and problems that need to be fixed but people in here who have an agenda to smear tesla have blinders on. They dont respond to legitimate questions and continue to attempt to steer the conversation to support their agenda or fud campaign.

Reactions: Quibbs
I'm an owner and stockholder, and there are many other owners here that are hitting that alarm button like crazy. Just because someone isn't an owner does not mean he/she is unqualified to point out serious systemic issues. I don't have to own a Fiat to comment on what is wrong with the company and why I would not buy one.

I'm an owner and stockholder, and there are many other owners here that are hitting that alarm button like crazy. Just because someone isn't an owner does not mean he/she is unqualified to point out serious systemic issues. I don't have to own a Fiat to comment on what is wrong with the company and why I would not buy one.
If you did own a fiat and had something to say it would hold more clout than not owning one and going off hearsay

Fixed it for ya
Nope, NOTHING I stated was FUD, actually I could copy/paste TONS more posts, topics or articles yet again from people on this very site as recently as today complaining about the very things I've stated about Tesla quality, customer service, repairs and complaints. You and others here just considered it that or trolling simply because I didn't buy one yet, as if they can't be true just because I personally haven't experienced it. And I'm not alone in this feeling of hesitancy because most of us willing to spend at or around $100k simply haven't had these types of issues because that is what lux carmakers focus on first (esp. once Lexus came along), which is superior build quality, going above and beyond for customers and timely repairs. You honestly think there are Benz, Bimmer or Audi boards where people need to ask what issues to look for when picking up their new car? Or crossing their fingers that the used vehicle being delivered has even been detailed or looks remotely close to the pics? Sure, you have seven days to return it, but in many cases people are stating they've had to fight to get back their deposits, and most people are financing them which means not only have you taken a credit check hit but now you have to sort out cancelling that loan.

Tesla customers describe maddening problems with returns and refunds

Again, you keep acting like myself and those complaining are an "exception to the rule", when there is empirical evidence based on the sheer amount of complaints not just on this board, but Yelp!, Youtube, various EV sites, etc. that corroborate what I've been saying, yet you have some weird sense of pride to defend and deflect at every turn.

If you did own a fiat and had something to say it would hold more clout than not owning one and going off hearsay
"hearsay":
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

These aren't rumors and can easily be substantiated. For example, I don't need to visit or live in Uganda to know it's one of the poorest countries on the planet.

Reactions: Petrocelli
Irrelevant? Were literally talking about Tesla not having traditional dealerships.

Have you ever heard the song from mary Poppins? Might want to listen to it and get your sugar ready because...........wait for it...........tesla is still selling cars as of today
It is as close to traditional as physically possible. What exactly are they capable of that is different or better? Can you buy a used car there? Yup. Can you buy a new car there? Yup? Can you get service and swag there? Yup? Can you sit in a showroom car there? Yup. Can you finance a car there? Yup? Can you go for a test drive? NO.

I'm not sure what lux dealerships you've been to, but every one I go to I don't get swarmed by salespeople harassing me to buy. But at least most of them know enough about their product and I can be assured if I get their card and call that either they or someone else will be on the other end every.single.time.

Tesla STORES are not like your Ford/Chevy/GM dealership that you're used to. You know, the ones with the cheesy ads on cable at 3:00am? LOL

Traditional dealerships are owned by your regular business people/corporations who buy inventory from car manufacturers. Then they stock them on their lots and try to sell them for the most profit to you, the consumer.

Tesla STORES are owned by Tesla Corporate, so you're not dealing with negotiating $x.xx from MSRP with the sleazy sales people that go back and forth to their managers office.
While true, if you have issues at the local level you can at least escalate it to corporate if necessary, you have an issue at a Tesla dealer you have to suck it up or somehow find another one which at this point is hard because they are spread out somewhat in most of the country. Just look at how many posts there are here of either new or current owners stating they hope/pray they don't need service because of how substandard or non communicative it can be. I've never seen that tbh. As far as negotiating I completely agree, but the flipside of that is the number of people that bought S and X models within the past 3 years and saw the prices decrease in some scenarios a good $20-30k and are trying to get out of theirs, only to be told by potential buyers their asking price is unreasonable now because of new decreases and range increases.

And on average a "traditional" dealership is making very little on a new car sale, and even less on a used car ($65):

In A Way, New Cars Are Free; The Other Stuff Is What Costs You

So much Like Saturn was with their no-haggle, although there is less aggravation involved it's not like Tesla is giving you a great deal regardless, there is still profit baked into the price.

Nope, NOTHING I stated was FUD, actually I could copy/paste TONS more posts, topics or articles yet again from people on this very site as recently as today complaining about the very things I've stated about Tesla quality, customer service, repairs and complaints. You and others here just considered it that or trolling simply because I didn't buy one yet, as if they can't be true just because I personally haven't experienced it. And I'm not alone in this feeling of hesitancy because most of us willing to spend at or around $100k simply haven't had these types of issues because that is what lux carmakers focus on first (esp. once Lexus came along), which is superior build quality, going above and beyond for customers and timely repairs. You honestly think there are Benz, Bimmer or Audi boards where people need to ask what issues to look for when picking up their new car? Or crossing their fingers that the used vehicle being delivered has even been detailed or looks remotely close to the pics? Sure, you have seven days to return it, but in many cases people are stating they've had to fight to get back their deposits, and most people are financing them which means not only have you taken a credit check hit but now you have to sort out cancelling that loan.

Tesla customers describe maddening problems with returns and refunds

Again, you keep acting like myself and those complaining are an "exception to the rule", when there is empirical evidence based on the sheer amount of complaints not just on this board, but Yelp!, Youtube, various EV sites, etc. that corroborate what I've been saying, yet you have some weird sense of pride to defend and deflect at every turn.
And yet again tesla continues to sell cars...........

It is as close to traditional as physically possible. What exactly are they capable of that is different or better? Can you buy a used car there? Yup. Can you buy a new car there? Yup? Can you get service and swag there? Yup? Can you sit in a showroom car there? Yup. Can you finance a car there? Yup? Can you go for a test drive? NO.

I'm not sure what lux dealerships you've been to, but every one I go to I don't get swarmed by salespeople harassing me to buy. But at least most of them know enough about their product and I can be assured if I get their card and call that either they or someone else will be on the other end every.single.time.
Sweet! The more you respond the less credible you become........

Sweet! The more you respond the less credible you become........
Plenty credible, you can't even refute the facts, and don't even realize that the owners here with issues either outnumber or equal those that are satisfied. It doesn't take much to realize that the sheer amount of spin you and others here try to put out, is mostly to justify your purchase without admitting others have legit cause for concern. But hey, that was before other companies got serious about EVs, now that they're going all in let's see how long you keep beating your sorry drum over how great Tesla quality and customer care really is!

Reactions: Petrocelli