Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Model S quality improved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And yet tesla is still around.....selling cars
You say this as if I want them to fail, lol! I've stated I love the company and their cars/tech but am deeply concerned with the tons of seemingly similar reactions buyers and owners have with the service and support that you simply don't see with more established companies...selling cars at the same high prices! When people are nervous about picking up their vehicle because of the condition or flaws, or after service "hoping" they finally resolved issues that have plagued them for months that is very concerning. Heck, look at all of the biggest Youtube stars, they ALL have addressed this, why would they do this if they started channels because of their love of all things Tesla? You make zero sense, as if what I'm claiming is heresy or never been proven.

Plenty credible, you can't even refute the facts, and don't even realize that the owners here with issues either outnumber or equal those that are satisfied. It doesn't take much to realize that the sheer amount of spin you and others here try to put out, is mostly to justify your purchase without admitting others have legit cause for concern. But hey, that was before other companies got serious about EVs, now that they're going all in let's see how long you keep beating your sorry drum over how great Tesla quality and customer care really is!
First of all let's get it straight...I have never did that Tesla does not have quality or service issues but you refuse to see and read what I actually type.

Second. The same could be said for you and why you are on this board. You keep beating your drum that Tesla is doomed, Tesla sucks, Tesla makes crap cars, yada yada yada. Arent you tired of being a puppet yet? I'm curious as to who pays you to spread fud?

Third. Of course tmc is full of people with issues. Forums are designed to obtain information and a lot of us use them to try and solve whatever problem we may have. The issue is people that dont actually have experience with said automobile come on here with an agenda and try and damage said automobile brand in any way that they can and lash out at and attack the ones that don't have the same agenda.

Fourth. I dont need to refute anything. Anyone that follows Tesla or is on TMC knows how you and others operate and what your agenda is. For every article you link to or video you post there are more that can be found online which can be found pretty easily with a simple search.

Fifth.
Jack Rickard’s “The Tesla Conspiracy” | In Depth

First of all let's get it straight...I have never did that Tesla does not have quality or service issues but you refuse to see and read what I actually type.

Second. The same could be said for you and why you are on this board. You keep beating your drum that Tesla is doomed, Tesla sucks, Tesla makes crap cars, yada yada yada. Arent you tired of being a puppet yet? I'm curious as to who pays you to spread fud?

Third. Of course tmc is full of people with issues. Forums are designed to obtain information and a lot of us use them to try and solve whatever problem we may have. The issue is people that dont actually have experience with said automobile come on here with an agenda and try and damage said automobile brand in any way that they can and lash out at and attack the ones that don't have the same agenda.

Fourth. I dont need to refute anything. Anyone that follows Tesla or is on TMC knows how you and others operate and what your agenda is. For every article you link to or video you post there are more that can be found online which can be found pretty easily with a simple search.

Fifth.
Jack Rickard’s “The Tesla Conspiracy” | In Depth
YOUR VERY FIRST POST told me to go sit in a BMW or Benz then compare it to a Tesla dummy!!! It's not even close quality-wise, but you refuse to acknowledge that. Tesla has serious money issues, if you think otherwise you are seriously ill. The CEO literally just stated this a few months back!!!
Musk says Tesla will be out of money in 10 months without ‘hardcore’ changes
https://nypost.com/2018/11/26/elon-musk-tesla-nearly-went-bankrupt/

But hey, I guess that's all in the past now after one quarter of profit in almost 7 years...then followed by yet another loss:
Tesla lost $702 million last quarter after drop in Model 3 deliveries

Yup, there I go again with "FUD"...that your savior Elon went on record with, lol!

"how you and others operate"....Ummm, genius I just stated BIGGEST TESLA YOUTUBE STARS...i.e. people that have PRO-Tesla sites that have all mentioned poor quality and customer service!! And what do you reply back with? Random Youtube videos of people complaining about Tesla or stating Tesla is in great shape...NOT THE SAME THING!!! Oh look, "Teslanomics"....funny you don't link to this video from him:

What's Wrong With Tesla Service? Talking w/ Kim from Like Tesla
Every Tesla Model 3 Repair I've Had and Outcome - Body Damage Update

Plenty credible, you can't even refute the facts, and don't even realize that the owners here with issues either outnumber or equal those that are satisfied.

This is blatantly not true. There are around 400k-500k Tesla cars on the road. You are telling me that there are 200-250k people that are not happy with Tesla? Have you been to a Tesla car meet to actually get perspective on this?

I agree that Tesla customer service is bad and communication is worse (relative to other car manufacturers), but it is not doom and gloom. Issues generally get resolved after several weeks or months and the owners move on. If you want customer service doom, wait for Model Y release :)

Reactions: GSP and PWlakewood
YOUR VERY FIRST POST told me to go sit in a BMW or Benz then compare it to a Tesla dummy!!! It's not even close quality-wise, but you refuse to acknowledge that. Tesla has serious money issues, if you think otherwise you are seriously ill. The CEO literally just stated this a few months back!!!
Musk says Tesla will be out of money in 10 months without ‘hardcore’ changes
https://nypost.com/2018/11/26/elon-musk-tesla-nearly-went-bankrupt/

But hey, I guess that's all in the past now after one quarter of profit in almost 7 years...then followed by yet another loss:
Tesla lost $702 million last quarter after drop in Model 3 deliveries

Yup, there I go again with "FUD"...that your savior Elon went on record with, lol!

"how you and others operate"....Ummm, genius I just stated BIGGEST TESLA YOUTUBE STARS...i.e. people that have PRO-Tesla sites that have all mentioned poor quality and customer service!! And what do you reply back with? Random Youtube videos of people complaining about Tesla or stating Tesla is in great shape...NOT THE SAME THING!!! Oh look, "Teslanomics"....funny you don't link to this video from him:

What's Wrong With Tesla Service? Talking w/ Kim from Like Tesla
Every Tesla Model 3 Repair I've Had and Outcome - Body Damage Update
Sheesh take a chill pill. I dont think your FUD backers are going to cut you off just because you keep getting proved wrong.

Anyways, I never said the words "tesla quality is better than", what I did say way go compare and you will see that other manufacturers have issues also. How can you be so blind. From your posts you wont acknowledge this fact. Weird.

As @Electroman pointed out above, tesla quality has improved and if anyone goes down to there nearest showroom (not dealership as Tesla doesnt have any) and sits in or drives a new S or 3 they will agree that it had indeed improved.

I posted those videos because I'm sure you haven't watched them so I was doing you a favor. Your welcome. Care to discuss the videos?

Oh and I've never said tesla was or will be profitable. They reinvest and keep growing which scares the living ish out of ALL the legacy automakers and you obviously. Being scared of change is ok and I want you to know were all here for you if you need anything while you are going thru it.

Last edited:
This is blatantly not true. There are around 400k-500k Tesla cars on the road. You are telling me that there are 200-250k people that are not happy with Tesla? Have you been to a Tesla car meet to actually get perspective on this?

I agree that Tesla customer service is bad and communication is worse (relative to other car manufacturers), but it is not doom and gloom. Issues generally get resolved after several weeks or months and the owners move on. If you want customer service doom, wait for Model Y release :)
Yes, I can comfortably claim that approx. half of all Tesla owners are unhappy with either the build quality, customer service or support. I never once stated that owners were unhappy driving or owning one, but that a good majority had big issues with the above, esp. when compared to how they are used to being treated coming from other lux manufacturers. You can love driving the car, it doesn't mean that other important areas of ownership don't deserve scrutiny, esp. at these prices they are asking.

Tesla's biggest problem is its customer service, according to a new Bernstein survey

Tesla Service Struggles To Keep Up With Sales Volume | CleanTechnica

Elon Musk spends a lot of time talking to Tesla owners on Twitter, but the company's stores are terrible at responding to customers

@BulldogsRus

Your assumptions do not equal fact. As an actual owner of an actual Tesla and from all my hundreds of interactions with actual tesla owners at superchargers, sc, or wherever I can irrefutably say without a shadow of a doubt 90% or more are completely satisfied because I said so! Yup that's how silly you sound. ;)

Sheesh take a chill pill. I dont think your FUD backers are going to cut you off just because you keep getting proved wrong.

Anyways, I never said the words "tesla quality is better than", what I did say way go compare and you will see that other manufacturers have issues also. How can you be so blind. From your posts you wont acknowledge this fact. Weird.

As @Electroman pointed out above, tesla quality has improved and if anyone goes down to there nearest showroom (not dealership as Tesla doesnt have any) and sits in or drives a new S or 3 they will agree that it had indeed improved.

I posted those videos because I'm sure you haven't watched them so I was doing you a favor. Your welcome. Care to discuss the videos?

Oh and I've never said tesla was or will be profitable. They reinvest and keep growing which scares the living ish out of ALL the legacy automakers and you obviously. Being scared of change is ok and I want you to know were all here for you if you need anything while you are going thru it.

I dont think your FUD backers are going to cut you off just because you keep getting proved wrong.

It's adorable to think I'm part of some "group" and that you've been proving me wrong...by linking to random no-name video poster, while I continually post factual links and data (from Elon himself) that keeps making you look foolish. You make some random claim, I refute it with data that you then ignore, wash/rinse/repeat.

Anyways, I never said the words "tesla quality is better than", what I did say way go compare and you will see that other manufacturers have issues also.

You told me to open my eyes after I said that pretty much every Benz and BMW model regardless of price has better quality, fit and finish. And to go down to my nearest BMW dealership and check out the quality, and that I'd be proven wrong. What would I be proven wrong about? What would I need to open my eyes for? The biggest knock against Tesla from the beginning has been material quality, you literally just copy/pasted from someone that it's improved!!

There's nothing to talk about at this point, I just linked two articles where the CEO OF TESLA stated just months ago that they were near bankruptcy!

You wouldn't be crying "FUD" every other sentence, or linking to videos that directly discuss how well they're doing. And no, other legacy manufacturers aren't "scared" of them, they have far more money, manufacturing expertise and customer base to work with. Christ, Tesla has already worked w/Benz on parts and vans!! Regardless, you DO realize that Tesla just can't keep losing money every quarter, right? At some point investors are going to see that other makers have joined the EV market flush with cash from their ICE profits (which aren't going away soon) and stop infusing them with much needed cash. That isn't good.

@BulldogsRus

Your assumptions do not equal fact. As an actual owner of an actual Tesla and from all my hundreds of interactions with actual tesla owners at superchargers, sc, or wherever I can irrefutably say without a shadow of a doubt 90% or more are completely satisfied because I said so! Yup that's how silly you sound. ;)
Again, NOT assumptions. Satisfied about a purchase and subpar quality, customer satisfaction and service aren't mutually exclusive. You think someone who owns either a Lambo or Ferrari regrets their purchase simply because of how much gas it burns or the cost of maintenance? No, but that doesn't mean the last two aren't truthful negatives of owning one.

Once again, something isn't an assumption simply because you personally don't experience it there if there is substantial data to support it. When the CEO of a company is forced to go on record and acknowledge issues with parts availability, customer satisfaction and support (many of which he finds out about via Twitter or online rumblings btw), then YES it does equal fact!

Seriously, take off your tinfoil hat and step away from your Elon Fathead wall decal.

It's adorable to think I'm part of some "group" and that you've been proving me wrong...by linking to random no-name video poster, while I continually post factual links and data (from Elon himself) that keeps making you look foolish. You make some random claim, I refute it with data that you then ignore, wash/rinse/repeat.

You told me to open my eyes after I said that pretty much every Benz and BMW model regardless of price has better quality, fit and finish. And to go down to my nearest BMW dealership and check out the quality, and that I'd be proven wrong. What would I be proven wrong about? What would I need to open my eyes for? The biggest knock against Tesla from the beginning has been material quality, you literally just copy/pasted from someone that it's improved!!

There's nothing to talk about at this point, I just linked two articles where the CEO OF TESLA stated just months ago that they were near bankruptcy!

You wouldn't be crying "FUD" every other sentence, or linking to videos that directly discuss how well they're doing. And no, other legacy manufacturers aren't "scared" of them, they have far more money, manufacturing expertise and customer base to work with. Christ, Tesla has already worked w/Benz on parts and vans!! Regardless, you DO realize that Tesla just can't keep losing money every quarter, right? At some point investors are going to see that other makers have joined the EV market flush with cash from their ICE profits (which aren't going away soon) and stop infusing them with much needed cash. That isn't good.
So posting something that elon musk says makes what he says a fact? Good grief where have you been. Hes known for saying and stating things that are not facts. Seriously, you need to do more research on him.

Of course theres nothing to talk about from the videos I posted because you have blinders on. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Why do you feel the need to keep bringing up teslas profit when I could care less. I've never said I cared. So by your definition a company needs to be profitable to be successful? Again you should do more research on the tesla business model.

And in case you missed the news lately, how many legacy car companies are going all in on EV or redirecting money for ev development? Again might want to do your research on said topic. Tesla threatens the oil industry, which is directly tied to ALL ICE CAR MANUFACTURERS, which is tied to the major tv networks, etc. Its all about money and if they can't compete with a 2012 Tesla model s in 2019 then they should be scared, which they are. How many times does tesla have to prove the naysayers or haters wrong. It really is entertaining to see people like you shaking in your boots.

So posting something that elon musk says makes what he says a fact? Good grief where have you been. Hes known for saying and stating things that are not facts. Seriously, you need to do more research on him.

Of course theres nothing to talk about from the videos I posted because you have blinders on. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Why do you feel the need to keep bringing up teslas profit when I could care less. I've never said I cared. So by your definition a company needs to be profitable to be successful? Again you should do more research on the tesla business model.

And in case you missed the news lately, how many legacy car companies are going all in on EV or redirecting money for ev development? Again might want to do your research on said topic. Tesla threatens the oil industry, which is directly tied to ALL ICE CAR MANUFACTURERS, which is tied to the major tv networks, etc. Its all about money and if they can't compete with a 2012 Tesla model s in 2019 then they should be scared, which they are. How many times does tesla have to prove the naysayers or haters wrong. It really is entertaining to see people like you shaking in your boots.
Oh Jesus Christ, literally ANY balance sheet can easily verify how bad things are for them as recently as 2 mos. ago!

Tesla Has Failed Massively As A Public Company

If you don't care about Tesla profit then why do you keep incessantly calling it all FUD like a friggin' child?! Do you even know what that means? Because I just linked to an article about your savior losing sleep because he had, wait for it....Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt about the immediate future of his company, idiot!!! And why should you be concerned? Because if Tesla goes under then the already questionable service they've provided will be almost non-existent, which means any repairs or maintenance could disappear.

You do realize that Tesla didn't invent the EV right? Like, there have been plenty of high volume gas-electrics for awhile. It's not like overnight gas stations will simply disappear, it's gonna be many decades because there are billions of ICE vehicles, lawn mowers, gas-powered tools, etc. that will continue to exist.

You should just log off, your sheer idolization of a car manufacturer is bizarre if not so comical.

Oh Jesus Christ, literally ANY balance sheet can easily verify how bad things are for them as recently as 2 mos. ago!

Tesla Has Failed Massively As A Public Company

If you don't care about Tesla profit then why do you keep incessantly calling it all FUD like a friggin' child?! Do you even know what that means? Because I just linked to an article about your savior losing sleep because he had, wait for it....Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt about the immediate future of his company, idiot!!! And why should you be concerned? Because if Tesla goes under then the already questionable service they've provided will be almost non-existent, which means any repairs or maintenance could disappear.

You do realize that Tesla didn't invent the EV right? Like, there have been plenty of high volume gas-electrics for awhile. It's not like overnight gas stations will simply disappear, it's gonna be many decades because there are billions of ICE vehicles, lawn mowers, gas-powered tools, etc. that will continue to exist.

You should just log off, your sheer idolization of a car manufacturer is bizarre if not so comical.
Reality is reality.

Quality has improved. Oil companies are scared. Legacy car manufacturers are scared. Tesla continues to sell cars. Tesla continues to expand operations. Tesla continues to take away business from your perceived perfect car companies. You spew FUD. you make no valid points. You are a troll.

Did I say tesla invented the EV? Nope.

What does Teslas profit have to do with the price of tea in China? I buy cars based on what I like not how much profit they make.

You need help. If you Google crisis hotline there are plenty of resources for peeps like you.

Last edited:
Yes, I can comfortably claim that approx. half of all Tesla owners are unhappy with either the build quality, customer service or support. I never once stated that owners were unhappy driving or owning one, but that a good majority had big issues with the above, esp. when compared to how they are used to being treated coming from other lux manufacturers. You can love driving the car, it doesn't mean that other important areas of ownership don't deserve scrutiny, esp. at these prices they are asking.

Tesla's biggest problem is its customer service, according to a new Bernstein survey

Tesla Service Struggles To Keep Up With Sales Volume | CleanTechnica

Elon Musk spends a lot of time talking to Tesla owners on Twitter, but the company's stores are terrible at responding to customers

You stated that half or more owners are "not satisfied" due to quality. That is overall customer happiness. Sure, at one point, maybe half of all Tesla owners had an issue with build quality (at delivery), but what significance does this metric have if these owners are happy with their cars overall and currently? See screenshot from Consumer Report's website (today) stating owner satisfaction.

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 2.14.47 PM.png

I don't think anyone here will argue with you that Tesla has customer service and build quality problems. You just can't claim that half of all owners are not satisfied with their car.

I think you've been lucky with your German cars, or perhaps you're replacing them after only a few years driving?

Plenty of German cars in our household and with friends, and there have certainly been more than enough issues. Having said that, I wouldn't suggest that there were significantly more or less than any of the other car marques that we've been through.

Thinking on it, so far Subaru is winning the 'least I've had to do to it' award.

My June 2016 S75 has been excellent. Coming up on 39,000 miles and absolutely not one problem; not so much as a squeak. Still love the car and enjoy driving it just about as much as I did when I bought it three years ago. My guess is that Teslas coming off the assembly lines now are even better made.

I do agree about the Subaru. Both my sons and my wife have owned them and they have been about as durable and reliable as can be. There must be something special going on in their corporate culture to have encouraged such great design and craftsmanship.

I’d say customer satisfaction is pretty good....

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Members of the EV Norway association did a satisfaction survey earlier this month - and recently updated the results page:

Hvilke elbil-modeller har de mest fornøyde eierne i år? Se topp-10 listen blant norske elbileiere her.

As many as 67.56 per cent of respondents give top scores and say they are "very satisfied" with their electric car, 24.46 per cent respond "satisfied" - while only 1.57 per cent are at the opposite end of the scale and have ticked off to the answer "very dissatisfied". The percentage that is just "dissatisfied" is the lowest, 0.77 percent.

Newcomer at the top

At the very top of the satisfaction peak is the newcomer Tesla Model 3, closely followed by its big brothers Model S and Model X.

VG's technology website Tek.no has also written about the survey, where Tesla's communications manager Even Sandvold Roland naturally says that he is happy with the results, but he also says that the company is working to establish a number of new service centers in Norway.

- It is nice to see that this survey also confirms that our customers are very satisfied. We have made great strides in terms of service capacity over the past year. Last summer, the wait time for service hours in the Oslo area was four months, now it is about two weeks, he tells the website.

Norwegian electric car owners top 10

These models have the most satisfied owners according to the Electric Car Association's survey. (The brackets show the percentage that said they were "very satisfied" with the car model.)

Tesla Model 3 (81.99)
Tesla Model S (81.94)
Tesla Model X (81.53)
Kia e-Niro (79.27)
Hyundai Kona (78.14)
Jaguar I-Pace (77.96)
BMW i3 (74.15)
Hyundai Ioniq (73.98)
Opel Ampera-e (73.11)
Audi e-tron (71.43)

Background: Facts about the Electric Car 2019

You stated that half or more owners are "not satisfied" due to quality.

That is not what he stated. Read it again.

Sure, at one point, maybe half of all Tesla owners had an issue with build quality (at delivery), but what significance does this metric have if these owners are happy with their cars overall and currently?

What is the topic of this thread?

Reactions: BulldogsRus