Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Model S quality improved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:))) that's the go-to reply around here when fanbois run out of valid arguments to keep defending tesla

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt of not being a troll. But sadly, I appear to be correct.

In regards to the build quality, I guess to each their own. Many of the newer ones have appeared better.

In regards to the noise, yes Tesla could improve. Fortunately people have purchased kits to help with the noise with extra door seals. Should that be needed? Of course not. But it can be done.

Any Tesla owner “should” at least admit to the shortcomings. But I also find it ridiculous when people come on to a Tesla site to just bash the brand without owning or no intention of owning a Tesla. Just go spend your time on the Camry site.

Amazing what people do prioritize.

I honestly think that the Tesla business model of eliminating human contact from the car buying equation is not a good one. I understand that people younger than me disagree with that.

I recently read a post in this forum about a person who had their car delivered, and it was mistakenly sold to another person. If that person had human contact with a salesperson, perhaps that wouldn't have happened.

I have read posts about people asking for repairs that were clearly under warranty, and Tesla refusing to do them. If these people had a regular service rep., perhaps this would not have happened.

I concede that much of my reluctance to lease a Tesla was due, in large part, to horror stories I have heard about overwhelmed service centers in Los Angeles. Posters to this forum reported that some service centers would not answer the phone or respond to emails. That is a major issue for me.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Well documented on this forum is not a good representation of ALL tesla owners.....its known that forums like TMC are filled with people who want to vent frustration but that does not equate to a majority of owners.

I participate in the Mercedes forum, and particularly focus on the C Class forum. There are almost no posts about people complaining about problems with new cars. The scope and number of complaints on this forum about problems with new cars is somewhat staggering.

I recently read a post in this forum about a person who had their car delivered, and it was mistakenly sold to another person. If that person had human contact with a salesperson, perhaps that wouldn't have happened.

Quite possible. And since several buyers that can purchase a Tesla are of the older generation do prefer direct contact, I do agree that Tesla was too aggressive in removing this option. It is a pain that shouldn’t be there for people. But since I don’t rate that as a “MUST HAVE”, it doesn’t bother me as much. I never liked talking directly to dealers anyway. And the alignment I had done was through a certified body shop. So no issue there. I guess it just depends on how important that direct contact is to a buyer. I had a buyer interested for a Model X. He was in his 70’s. But the communication to him from Tesla was not up to his standards and he went with a Mercedes because he likes the ass kissing. I prefer a vehicle I enjoy more on a daily basis vs worrying about the possible interaction method of support I may receive a couple times in 4 years.

I participate in the Mercedes forum, and particularly focus on the C Class forum. There are almost no posts about people complaining about problems with new cars. The scope and number of complaints on this forum about problems with new cars is somewhat staggering.

I'm sure they have some problems but the dealers are probably very responsive and take care of any issues under warranty.

Yes, based on the facts that my ears are still working and I can distinguish sounds. One is louder than the other. The rest are based on my own observations after sitting in one and driving one.
Just drove a 2019 model 3 LR on monday and from my experience the 3 is indeed quiet when compared to my S and just as quiet if not quieter when compared to other cars I have driven. Last time I checked my ears worked also. My own observation of course and we each have our opinions about tesla, obviously.

Perhaps not on that forum but issues can be found along with recalls.

Mercedes-Benz C300 Top 4 Issues

10 recalls for 2017 Model.

2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Reliability - Consumer Reports

6 recalls for 2019 model.

2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Reliability - Consumer Reports

What’s sad is that often I see posts from non Tesla owners (current or future), bashing Tesla. Sure seems to happen more against Tesla than any other brand.

Perhaps not on that forum but issues can be found along with 10 recalls.

Mercedes-Benz C300 Top 4 Issues

What’s sad is that often I see posts from non Tesla owners (current or future), bashing Tesla. Sure seems to happen more against Tesla than any other brand.

If you read that article, all of the problems are found in vehicles built before 2012.

Also, there is the caveat at the start of the article: "And while finding issues with the Mercedes-Benz C300 was not easy, we were able to find four issues that stood out..."

Tesla deserves pretty much all of it. They closed all lines of communication from owners, throwing them to the curb.

Also, my Model S with 30K miles has more weird rattles and noises than any other car I've ever owned. One noise (wind buffeting) the SC attempted to fix a few times but it's not really gone. I gave up, there are some other ones I will try to figure out on my own once the car goes out of warranty.

If you read that article, all of the problems are found in vehicles built before 2012.

Also, there is the caveat at the start of the article: "And while finding issues with the Mercedes-Benz C300 was not easy, we were able to find four issues that stood out..."

Hah....well that backfired. Copied the wrong link.

Still had 10 recalls for 2017 model and 6 so far for the 2019. Not great. But they do have better build quality than Tesla. Same with Audi. Was not impressed with the Jag.

Just drove a 2019 model 3 LR on monday and from my experience the 3 is indeed quiet when compared to my S and just as quiet if not quieter when compared to other cars I have driven. Last time I checked my ears worked also. My own observation of course and we each have our opinions about tesla, obviously.

What year is your S? I have a 2017 S90D with air suspension. I find it quite quiet. I am using 19” tires. Tires do matter. My new Michelin’s are not quite as quiet or efficient as my old Eagles. But the handling seems better.

What year is your S? I have a 2017 S90D with air suspension. I find it quite quiet. I am using 19” tires. Tires do matter. My new Michelin’s are not quite as quiet or efficient as my old Eagles. But the handling seems better.
2013 with 21 inch michelin tires. It's not loud at all just louder than the 3 we drove the other day. I don't have any rattles or wind noise either.