Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has Model S quality improved?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why don't you tell me then what a "real" dealership is, because last I checked (July) I could actually go there, BUY a new/used car there onsite, bring a Tesla there for repair or even buy Tesla swag if necessary. They didn't tell me I can't buy one there, they even showed me how I could do it from one of their desktops if I was ready, genius.

Again, what else do you do at dealerships?!
Lol ok so instead of me posting about what a dealership is how boutz you drive down auto row in your local city/town and look left and right where they have hundreds of new and used cars that you can drive off with the same day and handle all of the financing. Your 1 store you keep linking to is owned by who again? Oh that's right its owned by tesla, weird.

Reactions: SO16
LOL, my posts are no different than the MANY actual owners here complaining about the very same issues with Tesla, the only difference is that they are being directly affected while I'm seeing it through them. I've never seen so many people make up blind excuses for a company that shows very little care after the sale, and it's not one or two people. You're worse than Apple fanboys, when you get screwed out of options or features you just suck it up (FSD, free unlimited mileage, etc.) When the dealership or customer service shits on you, you chalk it up to "new tech/growing pains"...for a $90k vehicle!

First of all I have owned a Model S since 2013. I speak from practical experience. You on the other hand, come to a Tesla site and immediately start spewing all the same talking points that most of us on here have heard for years, in various forms. Your post right out the gate has just been a bashfest. That's not window shopping or trying to learn, that is just straight up trolling and being a Tokyo rose.

When someone post all the terrible things a Tesla is and that is not my experience and respond with that, does that make me a fanboy? If you say the sky is green and I see blue and say so, am I a blue sky fanboy?

What is worse is your views are not your own, at best they are formed based on other's experiences (as you posted) that you have read about. Your personal lack of owning, using and experiencing Tesla products greatly diminishes any value or opinions you share as they are not your own and as such are hearsay, mostly based on internet postings. The sampling of issues on a Tesla site is in no way large or credible enough for anyone to extrapolate that postings on a site is enough proof that the majority of owners are having a terrible time. Any one who comes on here and claims otherwise is making a claim that cannot be verified. Casual observation of a small sampling is not a overall truth. My ownership has been fairly trouble free and the product has been everything I expected it to be. While I am sure others have had issues it is not the case with a lot of us.

Ever asked someone about a restaurant they ate at and they tell you it's the worst place ever? Was that just their experience? Because the way most people review things they imply that if they had a bad experience then everyone else who has eaten there will. Instead of saying "my experience was bad" they take that and repackage it as fact that anyone else's will be. That just is simply one experience or opinion presented as an overall fact, when it simply is not a overall fact.

Why people like you come on here and do this is beyond me. Are you getting paid for this? A vendetta? Just trolling? Own or work at a dealership? A short? Political? If anyone of those applies to you in real life, I honestly feel sorry for you. What a way to go through the one trip you get as a human. Being destructive or damaging out of anger or self interest in any endeavor is the easiest of things to do. Be more.

• Love
Reactions: PWlakewood and SO16
Lol ok so instead of me posting about what a dealership is how boutz you drive down auto row in your local city/town and look left and right where they have hundreds of new and used cars that you can drive off with the same day and handle all of the financing. Your 1 store you keep linking to is owned by who again? Oh that's right its owned by tesla, weird.
You just stated that there are no Tesla dealerships, and then state that in dealerships you can "drive off with the same day and handle all of the financing"...which in that very link I provided can also be done, which makes it the same thing. Secondly at most if not ALL ICE dealers, you CAN'T do all of the paperwork, vehicle prep, trade-in and drive off same day and yet that was no different than this Tesla location.

You just stated that there are no Tesla dealerships, and then state that in dealerships you can "drive off with the same day and handle all of the financing"...which in that very link I provided can also be done, which makes it the same thing. Secondly at most if not ALL ICE dealers, you CAN'T do all of the paperwork, vehicle prep, trade-in and drive off same day and yet that was no different than this Tesla location.
Lol ok. Who owns that location you mentioned? You seriously need to rethink your FUD strategy....its getting old and tired

Went to a local showroom. Looked at some of the models on the showroom floor, spoke to an employee about colors, features and options. Got a test ride. Sat down in the showroom and had a cup of coffee while ordering a new X on my phone.

They called 3 days later, said they had one in stock for me and I returned to pick it up 2 days after.

Not sure what part of the legacy showroom experience i was denied, except for that rediculous back and forth in an adversarial confrontation with the sales dweeb and his shiny shoe/expensive suit sales manager.

Their showroom is in the same area as other speciality vehicles like Lambo, Ferrari, Rover.

Car was waiting for me on arrival. Signed some paperwork, got a walkaround and was shown the operational details of driving and charging the car. Very pleasant experience. Employees at the gate even clapped and whoo-hooed on my way out. Car was flawless, clean and charged up. Pleased at how much improved the Raven is over my previous 17 X-75. Faster, quieter, better handling, +100 miles of range, better audio, metalflake paint, and the new V3 computer. Amazingly about the same price as my 2017.

They have a service center 2 blocks down the road. Have used them a couple times with great experiences as well. Was given Model S loaners and services done the same day.

Best car ever...

• Love
Reactions: SO16
First of all I have owned a Model S since 2013. I speak from practical experience. You on the other hand, come to a Tesla site and immediately start spewing all the same talking points that most of us on here have heard for years, in various forms. Your post right out the gate has just been a bashfest. That's not window shopping or trying to learn, that is just straight up trolling and being a Tokyo rose.

When someone post all the terrible things a Tesla is and that is not my experience and respond with that, does that make me a fanboy? If you say the sky is green and I see blue and say so, am I a blue sky fanboy?

What is worse is your views are not your own, at best they are formed based on other's experiences (as you posted) that you have read about. Your personal lack of owning, using and experiencing Tesla products greatly diminishes any value or opinions you share as they are not your own and as such are hearsay, mostly based on internet postings. The sampling of issues on a Tesla site is in no way large or credible enough for anyone to extrapolate that postings on a site is enough proof that the majority of owners are having a terrible time. Any one who comes on here and claims otherwise is making a claim that cannot be verified. Casual observation of a small sampling is not a overall truth. My ownership has been fairly trouble free and the product has been everything I expected it to be. While I am sure others have had issues it is not the case with a lot of us.

Ever asked someone about a restaurant they ate at and they tell you it's the worst place ever? Was that just their experience? Because the way most people review things they imply that if they had a bad experience then everyone else who has eaten there will. Instead of saying "my experience was bad" they take that and repackage it as fact that anyone else's will be. That just is simply one experience or opinion presented as an overall fact, when it simply is not a overall fact.

Why people like you come on here and do this is beyond me. Are you getting paid for this? A vendetta? Just trolling? Own or work at a dealership? A short? Political? If anyone of those applies to you in real life, I honestly feel sorry for you. What a way to go through the one trip you get as a human. Being destructive or damaging out of anger or self interest in any endeavor is the easiest of things to do. Be more.
Yeahhhhh, no. If you simply looked at my profile which I started over a year ago literally the first 2 or 3 pages (of 5 total!) was asking questions about the car, or where to find more info. Secondly, if you were even paying attention instead of writing some 5 paragraph word salad you would KNOW I made multiple attempts to purchase one, but they couldn't answer the simplest of questions, never responded to looking for even a CPO model and never even called me back! But sure, maybe I should simply handwave all that away for a $110k vehicle (Model X 100d) and just 'hope' the ownership experience changes, lol! Now lo and behold there are countless articles and even the CEO acknowledging they need to change with regards to their customer service, but yeah I'm the troll HAHAHAHA!!!!!

But then again responses like yours aren't even surprising, if someone either agrees or states something negative about something you like immediately they are " a troll" or have some hidden agenda. But then when you bitch about literally the same exact thing it's somehow "different", like "well, I can call my sister a bitch but you can't!"

Lol ok. Who owns that location you mentioned? You seriously need to rethink your FUD strategy....its getting old and tired
That's irrelevant, actually it's worse because the company that actually MAKES the car also has a subpar dealer experience...unless Elon was only using lipservice when he admitted as such?

So to recap, you think because Tesla owns all of the places it sells cars it makes it better...despite tons of complaints about it's customer service and repairs, all done in-house.

Yay, how unique! Instead of sales tactics you can worry about their shoddy service right to your face.

First and foremost here these cars are BEVs. The first compelling BEVs to come into human contact. I said first compelling. Not first.
My car was a showroom car. The list is long of the stuff that Tesla has repaired. Yes I am 2.5 miles from service, thats why I bought a showroom car.

I have said this before, I would jump in that car as fast as it took me to pack a bag for weeks travel and go 15,000 miles in an instant without even thinking twice what I need to do to prepare my car. Its a totally reliable car. All the stuff they have fixed is small stuff. They never say no, it gets done and I get a loaner every time.

Now flip side my daughters VW. 2017 Tiguan, great car, fast, seemingly reliable we have had it for 3 years. A few weeks ago every light on the dash came on. Took it in, speed sensor. They took it in the back and brought it right back and said everything is fine. "Oh by the way did you know your AC does not work"?? I turn the key with the manager there in front of me and the all the lights on the dash are on. The A/C has worked fine up to the point we drove it there.

Yes it turns out the speed sensor, the AC one conversation, it was the compressor, next its the drier, I pick it up and a bright brand new AC compressor tucked in under the hood and replaced every seal. I picked it up the last day of warranty. The dealer used the last 7 days of warranty we had on it. It has 13,000 miles on it. The kicker is a week previous I called the dealership to make the Appt, which also sells GM products and the girl stated they don't service or sell VW. I called back talked to another girl, WHAT was her reply? Its not a BEV, Its not compelling, albeit it works for now for my daughter.

Now I will say I own a 2003 Suburban and still use it for Hurricanes, battering ram etc etc, and that car has never been to service for anything ever. Just oil changes and tires. ITs not a BEV, its not compelling. Everything works though.

Moral here is every car has their place. I love them all. I do however love my Tesla a lot. I'll never go back. Sad story.
Oh one other thing, they always tell me exactly what is wrong before, during and after and they know exactly what brand they sell, one brand only and it TESLA.
The app is also quite helpful.

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Went to a local showroom. Looked at some of the models on the showroom floor, spoke to an employee about colors, features and options. Got a test ride. Sat down in the showroom and had a cup of coffee while ordering a new X on my phone.

They called 3 days later, said they had one in stock for me and I returned to pick it up 2 days after.

Not sure what part of the legacy showroom experience i was denied, except for that rediculous back and forth in an adversarial confrontation with the sales dweeb and his shiny shoe/expensive suit sales manager.

Their showroom is in the same area as other speciality vehicles like Lambo, Ferrari, Rover.

Car was waiting for me on arrival. Signed some paperwork, got a walkaround and was shown the operational details of driving and charging the car. Very pleasant experience. Employees at the gate even clapped and whoo-hooed on my way out. Car was flawless, clean and charged up. Pleased at how much improved the Raven is over my previous 17 X-75. Faster, quieter, better handling, +100 miles of range, better audio, metalflake paint, and the new V3 computer. Amazingly about the same price as my 2017.

They have a service center 2 blocks down the road. Have used them a couple times with great experiences as well. Was given Model S loaners and services done the same day.

Best car ever...
I'm with you on hating the traditional legacy dealership experience. I'm glad Tesla doesnt offer it that way.

Tesla STORES are not like your Ford/Chevy/GM dealership that you're used to. You know, the ones with the cheesy ads on cable at 3:00am? LOL

Traditional dealerships are owned by your regular business people/corporations who buy inventory from car manufacturers. Then they stock them on their lots and try to sell them for the most profit to you, the consumer.

Tesla STORES are owned by Tesla Corporate, so you're not dealing with negotiating $x.xx from MSRP with the sleazy sales people that go back and forth to their managers office.

That's irrelevant, actually it's worse because the company that actually MAKES the car also has a subpar dealer experience...unless Elon was only using lipservice when he admitted as such?

So to recap, you think because Tesla owns all of the places it sells cars it makes it better...despite tons of complaints about it's customer service and repairs, all done in-house.

Yay, how unique! Instead of sales tactics you can worry about their shoddy service right to your face.

Irrelevant? Were literally talking about Tesla not having traditional dealerships.

Have you ever heard the song from mary Poppins? Might want to listen to it and get your sugar ready because...........wait for it...........tesla is still selling cars as of today